Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thanks for the awesome forum that's saved me countless hours and dollars.

Symptoms:
Switching to any 4wd mode causes switch light to blink on that mode while clicks and whirrs occur as expected, but light goes back to 2wd & service 4wd light comes on. No apparent power in front wheels and outer wheel doesn't slip while making sharp turns in any 4wd mode.

Troubleshooting so far:
I removed actuator from the front axle disconnect to observe it actuating, and then the 4wd switch will display as engaged when activated. The actuator whirr has a constant pitch when uninstalled, but when installed, the whirr drops in pitch like it's getting resistance from the plate in the front axle disconnect. I can push that plate in with my finger, but I don't know how far it should go in. 2 yrs ago, I replaced the actuator for a similar issue.

Transfer case fluid is due for a change. Would that cause the issue, and if so, is there any troubleshooting I should do before or while changing it?

Thanks for any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.