Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

381 - 398 of 398 Posts

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
EFI,

Do you know of anyone running the stock ECU without the Exhaust VVT connected?
Be more specific, which stock PCM/ECM? 02-05, 06-07, or 08-09? All are VERY different beasts to tune. You would have the best luck with a 02-05 PCMs or a 08-09 ECM I believe, the middle ones have lots of tables we cant see. This is my educated guess on the topic, honestly the only reason I can think of to not run VVT is if you have cam blanks that dont support it. Other than that, VVT is the reason the I6 makes as much torque from 1800+ as it does and the upper end HP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
08-09.

Not going on a 4200 :)

I was hoping by disabling the diag codes/SES and zeroing the related tables it would operate in a normal state.

If it goes into limp home....I guess there's always MSIII

·
Registered
chevy
31 Posts
Website

limequat, haven't been on here since Sept. so I just found your post with your website regarding wiring guide. But I could find nothing but advertising;:duh: have you changed the address?

Steve

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
limequat, haven't been on here since Sept. so I just found your post with your website regarding wiring guide. But I could find nothing but advertising;:duh: have you changed the address?

Steve
Steve, yes, my website is now www.lime-swap.com .
Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit my old posts to reflect this. The file isn't up there anyway, but if you PM me I'll get you a copy.

Also, if you haven't lately, check out the forums on vortec4200.com, it's a bit more active for swap type stuff.

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #386 (Edited)
4L80 swap

Its about 40% right now - just finishing installing the block adapter plate.

I added "ears" on both sides of the adapter plate so I can add frame adapters to use the plate as a mid-engine mount plate. The back of the block is the strongest section.

I'm concerned that transferring the torque to the frame via the engine mount under max torque I could potentially rip the motor mount bosses out of the block. With out access to GM's design data I don't know where the failure limit is and really do not want to discover it either. By tying the back of the block to the frame via the mid-plate this problem should not occur. The rubber mounts will still support the engine. If the frame adapter is done correctly, it would allow installation of a strain gauge to measure stress (torque).

I'm aiming for 800 HP once the '80 is in and settled down, the methanol fuel system is going in.

Also will be upgrading the turbo to a GT45. The current gt40 runs out about 700hp... should be an exciting summer. Finally have all the major parts in play. Be fun playing with the trans-brake - engage and build boost then release the Tbrake.. see if we can get the mule into the high 10's at least once before they kick my butt out - no bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
2 Posts
blown motor any other options

The motor in my TBSS 06 just blew and Im lookin for my options of what to do engine wise maybe different type of engine all together lookin for more horsepower....... help please....

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
The motor in my TBSS 06 just blew and Im lookin for my options of what to do engine wise maybe different type of engine all together lookin for more horsepower....... help please....[/QUOTE

Since this is the 4200 forum - do you want to build a built 4200?

If your looking to stay with the LS series - the only question is how big is you wallet? Easiest method go get a LS3 GM crate engine.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
2 Posts
06 TBSS blown motor

The motor in my TBSS 06 just blew and Im lookin for my options of what to do engine wise maybe different type of engine all together lookin for more horsepower....... help please....[/QUOTE

Since this is the 4200 forum - do you want to build a built 4200?

If your looking to stay with the LS series - the only question is how big is you wallet? Easiest method go get a LS3 GM crate engine.
not sure what route i was gonna take just trying to find out my options.

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
Partially, Dave F had it water jet cut and I finished here.

Well the '80 is installed - the only item I'm missing is the filler tube/dip stick. Went to the wreckers last week the only '80 in the yard was in a van -- 6' of tube.. I'll try again this weekend.

I'll post more pic's later.

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
4L80E swap - the swap is completed and road tested.

Probably not many people here will want to do the swap - but I do have the parts designed and available to do it.

FYI - the same engine - transmission adapter plate can be used to bolt up any transmission that will bolt up to a SBC/BBC or LS engine - so its possible to install a t56 or NP4500 truck 5 speed. Flywheels are available.

Mind you this is not for I've only changed oil/plugs folks - there is fabrication involved - cross member, clutch linkage etc. If you have done an engine install/swap before then you most likely have the skill/tools to get the job done.

I'll have the parts up on my web page shortly.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
What I'm having a hard time to find is a 2006 head.. anyone have any sources without buying a complete engine?
I just blew a rod thru the bottom of my block, interested in parting out the upper half of my motor since I'm doing a 5.3 swap:eek:fftopic:

381 - 398 of 398 Posts