2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no love huh :(

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Thought it was obvious, but clean the throttle body before you get erratic idle.

And check ALL the fluid levels in the transfer case and diffs and PS pump and tranny. And crank down your spare tire winch and lubricate it because it's corroded probably and you'll hate yourself if you can't get the spare down when you really need it. And also check the inflation of the spare. And also exercise your 4WD system monthly to make sure it hasn't developed a reluctance to operate. And check your air filter, but again - that's all obvious, and in the Owner's manual most of it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sry roadie shoulda specified :duh:...i meant 4WD wise since im the first in the fam with 4wd i just didnt know how to go about with TS maintence and things that go along with it

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Check all the fluid levels and exercise the system. Not much else to do at 40K.

You may benefit from having the Haynes manual if you're going to so some maintenance yourself for a few years. Or Google for transfer case fluid level and see where to check it. There have been some recent pictures of a stripped TC fill plug. Frustrating to get that off.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check all the fluid levels and exercise the system. Not much else to do at 40K.

You may benefit from having the Haynes manual if you're going to so some maintenance yourself for a few years. Or Google for transfer case fluid level and see where to check it. There have been some recent pictures of a stripped TC fill plug. Frustrating to get that off.
thanks brotha i really appreciate it :tiphat

they realy need to change your level from trailvoy guru to tralvoy god :m2: :hail:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts