Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,567 Posts
Is this only in reverse? Is this on dry pavement? Do you have different size tires on the truck, front and back?

·
Registered
52 Posts
You should NEVER be driving with 4wd unless you are in mud or at least 2 inches of snow or slush. Always keep the selector switch in 2wd unless you are stuck or sliding/ fishtailing. Don't use 4wd on tight turns. Never use auto mode. Never use 4lo unless you are in a swamp or 1 foot of snow. Our trucks have 4wd for when they get stuck, and that's the only time it should be used.

·
Registered
52 Posts
He said it did it while driving in snow. That's not wrong.
It says in the initial post that he was turning. He also said it does it on dry pavement. That would indicate to me that there wasn't enough slip/snow to allow the 4 wheels to operate at different speeds, which is what happens when you turn with 4wd.

·
Registered
52 Posts
this is my first 4 wd would like to know how to make sure my stuf is working like it is suppose to
It is working perfectly as it should and it does that binding from the factory. Don't turn on 4wd unless there is snow. And don't use it while taking tight turns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts