Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks you all in advance! This site has been a wealth of info for me . Until now I've been able to find previous threads for answers , now i'm stuck. I'm replacing oil pan on wifes 05 TrailBlazer. The old pan has 2 oil baffles/ windage trays. they seem to be perminately mounted into the pan. The new pan has no trays. It is a genuine GM pan. Did they do away with this in later years and it is not needed?? Or how do I swap the trays into the new pan? What would secure them in place. Thank you all again, I'm sure I am not the first to run into this. Thanks , Jim.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
146 Posts
A fabrication shop should be able to replicate the baffles and weld them in place

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are stamped tin baffles and I can grind them out of the old pan but the pan is aluminum and it seems they are rivet spun in place. If it was plastic I would say a post come through the holes and gets melted to a blob to hold it in place . The new pan doesn't even have the places for it. my GM parts guy is clueless and not one mechanic in the shop has ever changed one so they don't know. If I could find a GM service bulletin stating a design change and no need for the baffles I'D go with that but it seems to me its there for a reason. I'm lost, dont want to pop a motor after a new trany just installed thats when we saw the pan was cracked. It's a money pit now so it's gotta last. Any one else got a thought???

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
146 Posts
I own a fabrication shop. I just made an oil pan - with baffles - for my '66 Ford FE engine. It ain't rocket science.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts