·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
I could see you getting in trouble with the law enforcement if you put that on your truck. Just a word of warning.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, good points from you all. yes it is red. i'm gonna contact local police in the next few days and see if red is illegal as a brake light. and may just mount on inside top of hatch window and just pull the fuse to oem 3rd brake

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found in Georgia law OCGA 40-8-93 that it is legal to having flashing/blinking brake lights. Ive decided I'll mount to roofline at back window and just disable OEM by pulling fuse

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive installed the scanner mounted into the roofline at back window and it looks great. Also installed a white one behind front airdam billet grille. Also looks very sharp at night, and even in daytime. Dont run the white too much tho since very inviting for a po-po-pullover, even tho Ive done quite a bit of research on Georgia Law and there is only mention of blue, red, amber, and even green flashing lights being illegal. There is absolutely no mention of white. But nevertheless. Will post video and pics once complete led/HID overhaul is finished (probably in 2 more weeks):woohoo:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Ive installed the scanner mounted into the roofline at back window and it looks great. Also installed a white one behind front airdam billet grille. Also looks very sharp at night, and even in daytime. Dont run the white too much tho since very inviting for a po-po-pullover, even tho Ive done quite a bit of research on Georgia Law and there is only mention of blue, red, amber, and even green flashing lights being illegal. There is absolutely no mention of white. But nevertheless. Will post video and pics once complete led/HID overhaul is finished (probably in 2 more weeks):woohoo:
:raspberry Ya big tease!!

Glad the lights are working. Looking forward to seeing everything once it's all finished. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
559 Posts
I could see you getting in trouble with the law enforcement if you put that on your truck. Just a word of warning.
Take it from me I got impersonating a police officer in new hampshire for having blue lights lol :bonk::thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm working on it. I keep getting new stuff and its only delaying the time I promised for pics/video. Holy crap, there's no end to mod ideas in my head :crazy: I'm 90% finished with the exterior. The interior, which sadly is sorely lacking, will have to wait.
I'll post some pics late this week as a teaser. It won't be the finished product, but she'll at least look Zaino sharp! The video that I hope to post before the end of this month will show the TB modded out (waiting on a special order push bumper and a few other things)

Hey ChevyTb2003...what kind of fine did you get hit with for "impersonation"? isnt that a felony charge too? OUCH. I just put on some 6000K's for low and fogs and 5000K highs. Glad I didnt get 8 or 10's for that reason. I've run through a couple DUI checkpoints late at night here in GA and learned the white scanner mounted in my front air dam and red scanner as 3rd brake light are 100% legal. As I pulled up, the first thing the cop says is "what's up Knight Rider" lol

And no I didnt get the blue or red LED's. Again, here in GA there is absolutely no law against white lights of any kind, steady or flashing, nor is a permit required. As ass-backwards as this state is, I was very surprised to learn this during my research

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
276 Posts
pushbar looks very similar to my GoRhino one, except for no strobes mounted in the top bar, which I assume you are going to modify?

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Take it from me I got impersonating a police officer in new hampshire for having blue lights lol :bonk::thumbsup:
There should be a national standard...

In some states, volunteer fire fighters are allowed to use red flashing lights. In other states, blue is used. IMHO, all states should use the same standards for all police/fire colors to reduce the confusion. :m2:

FWIW - Ohio is red for fire.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pushbar looks very similar to my GoRhino one, except for no strobes mounted in the top bar, which I assume you are going to modify?
Theyre sending me one with clear Whelen LINZ6's. 2 week production time. LED's have about 20 flash patterns and steady-on (could be used as extra driving lighting). I have this switch on the way as well to control the lighting http://www.swps.com/11-1002.html

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
276 Posts
Theyre sending me one with clear Whelen LINZ6's. 2 week production time. LED's have about 20 flash patterns and steady-on (could be used as extra driving lighting). I have this switch on the way as well to control the lighting http://www.swps.com/11-1002.html
I have been looking for auxiliary lighting options, and wanted the LED light bar, but they START out around $350 and go up lol. I bet they are nice and bright though.

Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rigi...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or like this would be pimp

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-Light-Bar-3...073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5644348509

1 - 17 of 17 Posts