Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so yesterday I pulled right up to an all white envoy real nice looking,believe it was an sle model....

I just happened to notice that it had third row seats?>Wtf???:bonk:
Ive been thinking of that for quite sometime now.Like I remember hearing that olds had planned to make 3rd row seating an option shortly before the fall of the empire....
The owner was nice enough to show me the seats, but it was 10pm @ night and I can only see so much with my led flashy....

My question is has anyone installed a 3rd row seat?....How has a 3rd row seat/? Pics?.....And which makes/ models came available, swb/lwb etc?.....

I am definitely savvy enough to fabricate/weld in mounts and even possibly retrofit the seats in!!!

I just need pics and any info available,,,,

Mods/gurus please chime in!!!!:tiphat:hail::thx

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
Well I do know that the 3rd row is only in the EXT models, which means EXTENDED....lol

I am not sure if you could make it work or not, the floor plan is different and the rear seats would have to be modified or replaced to allow access to the 3rd row. Along with the SWB I just dont think it would fit or be something you could use.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
The EXT model has extra headroom clearance for the 3rd row passengers. That's why we don't de-rack our trucks, it would look like a big bubble :D We also get worse mileage, so be happy with what you have :laugh:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i've been thinking this about this mod for quite a while... i believe with some slight modding of the bracket, it will actually work... it just won't leave much room behind the third row

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
421 Posts
I was thinking about facing them backwards, like the old station wagons. I think that would be cool.

Also make it like a rumble seat. So it would would fold down and flat or something like that.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
I have done some research on this, as having just one extra seat would make a world of difference for me. However, after talking with the company and doing some rough test fittings with gaming chairs, I decided against it. Access back there would be difficult through the second row, so the only option really was the rear facing. However, the reason I need more seats are for kids, and kids come with gear. Crawling over a stroller and dealing with the safety issues of sitting next to heavy gear is not cool. If you would like to try, by all means do so; littlepassengerseats.com is the website you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so yesterday I pulled right up to an all white envoy real nice looking,believe it was an sle model....

I just happened to notice that it had third row seats?>Wtf???:bonk:
Ive been thinking of that for quite sometime now.Like I remember hearing that olds had planned to make 3rd row seating an option shortly before the fall of the empire....
The owner was nice enough to show me the seats, but it was 10pm @ night and I can only see so much with my led flashy....

My question is has anyone installed a 3rd row seat?....How has a 3rd row seat/? Pics?.....And which makes/ models came available, swb/lwb etc?.....

I am definitely savvy enough to fabricate/weld in mounts and even possibly retrofit the seats in!!!

I just need pics and any info available,,,,

Mods/gurus please chime in!!!!:tiphat:hail::thx
I have an aftermarket 3rd row seat for trailblazer/envoy for sale - let me know if you are interested!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts