Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The whole assembly that holds my 3rd brake light on has fallen off..and of course i was driving on the highway :( it shattered...
question is: Has anyone had this happen?? how do i get the replacement? I've looked everywhere!!
help would be great!:confused:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
73 Posts
I just changed my entire third brake light assembly just two months ago. First, you can get the part on gmpartsdirect.com (probably the most expensive due to high cost of shipping) but you can also find them on ebay and I did see one person on this site looking to sell one rather inexpensively. Naturally I found that person's advertisement after I bought mine. There are two parts to the third brake light: the molding and the light. The molding is held on by three or four screw on the underside of the back lift glass and there is a piece of doubled sided tape that adheres the molding to the lift glass on the outside. Look on this site for a posting on how to change the light itself. It's a rather simple procedure. The brake light burned out on mine and I wanted to just change the light but when I tried to detach the light from the molding the little plastic clamp pieces that hold it on snapped off. That resulted in me having to buy the new molding.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just changed my entire third brake light assembly just two months ago. First, you can get the part on gmpartsdirect.com (probably the most expensive due to high cost of shipping) but you can also find them on ebay and I did see one person on this site looking to sell one rather inexpensively. Naturally I found that person's advertisement after I bought mine. There are two parts to the third brake light: the molding and the light. The molding is held on by three or four screw on the underside of the back lift glass and there is a piece of doubled sided tape that adheres the molding to the lift glass on the outside. Look on this site for a posting on how to change the light itself. It's a rather simple procedure. The brake light burned out on mine and I wanted to just change the light but when I tried to detach the light from the molding the little plastic clamp pieces that hold it on snapped off. That resulted in me having to buy the new molding.
thank you!! ordered today...
ken:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts