Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
264 Posts
Don't I know it. I feel very lucky the shop will fix it, the price is killing me. At least the rust isn't in a difficult place and is pretty minor. Hopefully it will be done today, I'll pay for it and cry all the way home.
The shop sent me pictures but I can't get them off my phone and onto here.
Did he tell you a total cost for the bill ? Yea man good luck I hope she turns out nice.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
402 Posts
Had the rust conversion and NH oil undercoating done on the frame. I do check the frame for rust frequently as I know it's a problem on this platform.
Dropped the car off Monday, and as they were needlescaling the frame, rust holes openend up next to the catalitic converter and the gas tank. Just my luck. I was always worried about the brackets that hold the trailing arms, and near where the lower control arms bolt to the frame. That's seems to be the most common failure point where they rust out. Not on this one.
Frame repair is REAL expensive, but I gave them the OK to go ahead and fix it.
The shop cut about 6" on either side of the holes and welded new pieces in.
I picked the car up last night and briefly checked out the job, everything is coated, I'll put it up on ramps this weekend and do a thorough check.
They sent me pictures, here's a link. Michalak's Testing & Diagnosis!
Sorry, it should come up as a hyperlink, don't work here, don't know how to fix it.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts