Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
I just put on MarkMC 3" suspension lift and I'm loving it. I have 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers but I still need to do some cutting to get a full turn. If that doesn't work than the body lift is next
Looking at putting 32" or 33" on my trailblazer wondering if you made it work with the MarkMc 3" with some cutting or did you need the body lift?

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
I also would like to know if you were able to get away with cutting. Also what did you need you cut and how much to get to where you are at now? I am planning on doing a 3in. marcmc on my 03 envoy.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
IMO...33's are too big to run on a trailblazer with the current axles on it. The 8" in the SWB version can't handle them, and the 8.6 in the LWB can maybe go 31.5.

In any case, the stock front differential with the stock axles on a 3" lift is on borrowed time with 31's.

As for the Chevy wheels someone asked about, they are full size Silverado 18" rims. Since you have to run an adapter to push the wheels out to clear the upper ball joint anyway, good opportunity to change the bolt pattern :)

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
Like you said
Take no offence but even if you knew what you were talking about, us offroadTB guys would not listen to you.

I know....I'm running 31.5's on mine, and it's amazing off-road and on. HOWEVER.....I also realize I'm on borrowed time, as the axles aren't designed to pull tires that big. Thankfully, the 4.2 isn't a torque monster, or they would be breaking. And I seriously believe 33's on a 7.25 front and a 8.0/8.6 rear isn't recommended either. I know people do it, but check with any gear vendor and ask them if they will warranty these size tires on these trucks...and ask them why they won't.

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
73 Posts
how much did the 3 inch lift cost. I have a 2.5 rough country on my 06 and I cant stand it. don't even think it gave me a full 2.5 inches of lift as my tires barley fit. all I got is 31.4 x 10.6 they don't rub but its really close especially in the rear.

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
Okay, so i am new to this forum and also modding my trailblazer, and i got the mod addiction trust me. I have talked to markmc and plan on getting his 3inch lift with bilstein struts and skyjacker shocks as he recommended to me. So my ? Is what adapter do i need for those silverado rims? What size rim and tire will i be able to get away with? Again new to modding it but ready to get rolling, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thabks guys!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts