Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the infamous tune from GTPrix and Kirk today on my 2wd SS. Here's a quick summary for everyone: HOLY SH*T!!! Basically my truck now takes off faster than a deadbeat dad with child support due. On the first test drive, I ripped onto M-59 in light rain and hit 80 MPH before blinking or even realizing I had almost doubled the speed limit. 0-60 now arrives faster than the time it takes to actually look at the spedometer. My SS is now the truck with a never ending powerband, it's uncanny really. There is no hestitation at all, just instant speed.

Seriously, these guys need a TV show or should be nominated for some type of tuning award but I dont think that will happen until they slap a warning sticker on the package saying they're not responsible for any monkey headed maneuvers provoked by the tune. For anyone who wants to know, the car drives as smooth as it did when I drove it off the lot but now its just quicker and with better gas mileage and a higher electronically controlled speed limit :eek: . Thanks again Kirk & Chris, tremendous product you've developed and you deserve every ounce of respect you've earned around these parts :yes:. will be back for more mods as soon as the intake is ready...

Before: 14.249 @ 101.767

After: 13.749 @ 104.420

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Happy for you and jealous ya bastard! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sure does sound good! :yes:

So why didn't Chevy come out with the TB SS tuned like this in the first place??? :undecided

·
Registered
141 Posts
I sure am glad that everyone likes the tune as much as I did...My truck is also seeing better fuel economy.
I was getting around 11.5 mpg with my driving style. Now with the Vector (GTPrix) tune I'm in the 14.3 mpg range (hard city driving).

·
Banned
273 Posts
ttdolson said:
I sure am glad that everyone likes the tune as much as I did...My truck is also seeing better fuel economy.
I was getting around 11.5 mpg with my driving style. Now with the Vector (GTPrix) tune I'm in the 14.3 mpg range (hard city driving).

More power and better MPG you can't beat that!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
377 Posts
Now if I only had an extra $400 bones sitting around......

·
Registered
202 Posts
westbayou said:
Now if I only had an extra $400 bones sitting around......

Start saving you wont beleive what that $400 gets you. I can not beleive the difference in my truck with that tune.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So when do we start to have the Detroit area street races to see who's got the fastest SS?

Or at least a good gathering to let every one meet..

GTPrix...Anythoughts on this one?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whenever you guys decide to have a meet, count me in. with this weather we'll probably have to take it in indoors so hopefully we can go somewhere that has beer in abundance.

ttdolson said:
So when do we start to have the Detroit area street races to see who's got the fastest SS?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thats pretty impressive, what other mods do you have done to the truck besides the tune?

Are those 1/4 times at a track or g-teched

·
Registered
202 Posts
BIGBOS said:
Thats pretty impressive, what other mods do you have done to the truck besides the tune?

Are those 1/4 times at a track or g-teched
I was there when they did these pulls and that truck was 100% stock with only a little over 600 miles on it. The truck should pick-up a little more once it has a few thousand miles on it. These simulated 1/4 mile runs on a Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
ttdolson said:

Hehe. I'm up for the SSShowdown... :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Chris..I cannot believe the truck now. As for the improvement.......I'm not tellin just yet. But By monday I should be in the 12.80-13.10 range....And still be a daily driver with decent gas milage.

I seem to have the spinning front left tire problem on dry pavment now? Chris, I think that this is your fault...Hahahahaha
The tune is great..But the combo that we now have going is definetely the next step...

Oh yea Chris, I almost forgot to tell you...MR c-4 Corvette saw tail lights from a roll and a dig last night!!!!!
Man, wait until the K&N and the intake mods...It's gonne be a great summer!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
51 Posts
ttdolson said:
Chris..I cannot believe the truck now. As for the improvement.......I'm not tellin just yet. But By monday I should be in the 12.80-13.10 range....And still be a daily driver with decent gas milage.

I seem to have the spinning front left tire problem on dry pavment now? Chris, I think that this is your fault...Hahahahaha
The tune is great..But the combo that we now have going is definetely the next step...

Oh yea Chris, I almost forgot to tell you...MR c-4 Corvette saw tail lights from a roll and a dig last night!!!!!
Man, wait until the K&N and the intake mods...It's gonne be a great summer!

what mods do you have?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts