Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires this week and i found some lightly used 255/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/T's for $400 and thats a bit cheaper than buying new. i was wondering if they would fit without mods and what do i have to worry about going from a 245/70 to a 255/70.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
They should fit

I have 265/70/16s on mine and they barely fit plus they are A/Ts with a thick tread pattern you should be fine. But how used are they 400 sounds a little high for used tires when you can get new around the same price. Make sure they are guaranteed to work. That's just my :m2: Tirerack.com has them for 100 each you would have to pay for shipping but if you look around I am sure you can find them cheaper. Tirerack happened to be the first one i checked. Good luck.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,282 Posts
remember that money talks. Those are the size I'm running and I have not fitment problems at all. Cash in hand could get you those tires for $300. Give it a shot. They want $400? Go check em out and say they aren't worth more than $250. When the guy winces, start to walk away and see if he bites. If not, "reluctantly" say "hey, I've got $300 in my pocket, but it's the best I can do." you just might get a bite. After that, it is up to you how you bargain.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,302 Posts
remember that money talks. Those are the size I'm running and I have not fitment problems at all. Cash in hand could get you those tires for $300. Give it a shot. They want $400? Go check em out and say they aren't worth more than $250. When the guy winces, start to walk away and see if he bites. If not, "reluctantly" say "hey, I've got $300 in my pocket, but it's the best I can do." you just might get a bite. After that, it is up to you how you bargain.
:iagree:You'll never know if ya don't try! Hell...my uncle just hooked a nice arse pop up camper off our hard up neighbor for $300...times are tough for some & cash talks for sure!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,248 Posts
I ran 265-70-16 on mine with stock suspension. Close, but worked. I'm now running 255-70-16 Cooper ATR. Like them better, and with careful shopping, you can get 4 new ones for just a tad over $400. I spent $98 a tire for mine, plus tax, mount, and balance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.