Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference I may experience between the two sizes? Or what the difference is?
I'm a 95% highway driver who drives a LOT of miles, and in heat, not cold or ice. ( Phoenix) A little better MPG won't hurt, but ride quality is top issue.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
84 Posts
The first number is the width of the tire in millimeters. You divide it by 25.4 to convert it to inches. The second number is the percentage of the width that the sidewall of the tire is, so to find the height you take the percentage (second number) of the first number and multiply by 2. You then convert that to inches (by dividing by 25.4) and add it to your rim size for the overall height of the tire.

If you want better gas mileage you should buy the smaller tire. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
There's also a great tire calculator on discounttiredirect.com. It lets you put in what size is being run now and then what size you would like to run. Honestly, going to 255 won't make that much difference in noticable mileage. Only when you go to a 265 or more would it make a tremendous difference. The type of tire you purchase has more to do with it than the size. An A/T or M/T in 245 would most likely give you about the same mileage as an H/T or H/L in a 255. So many variations...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts