Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These wheels are amazing, just put them on today and can't believe the ride quality. Also, I bought them used in amazing shape for $40 for all 4.:excited:

Unfortunately due to my busy schedule I had to pay Frisby Tire $126 to put them on but because of the deal I got on the wheels themselves, I saw this as a fair price.

The wheels fit perfectly, although I have to account for the 3km+- slower speed reading, I think these will last me some time. The ones that were on there lasted me 91000km and wore perfectly even, I wore them right down to the wear bars.

Before,

After,

Before,

After,

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your telling me, I rode on them all day today and I can't believe the quality, why didn't it come like this from the factory. I give these tires a 5 out of 5 on dry roads, still haven't tried them on wet yet.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
211 Posts
I had those same type of tires on a 92 4Runner with 250k miles on it I put them on new around 120k. Living in Seattle, WA area those tires were awesome Wet, Dry, Ice, and Snow. Plus they were still on the car after it died (RIP) and it still had 5/32 left on tread.

Good find.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
We had this same type of tire, though different size, 235/75/15 on our '01 Blazer. It was our intention of changing to this again when the tires that are on our '03 TB wore out. Now however, we plan to do a mild lift so may look at a different tire. Otherwise I'd go with these again, or perhpas the LTX AT2 as an option.

They tend to be a bit more expensive new beings your buying Michelin, but they are worth every penny imho.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It rained last night so I took the opportunity to test these babies out, WOW!! they are just as amazing in the rain as they are on dry roads. Turning is effortless and cornering is so smooth, even braking the truck stops on a dime.:thumbsup:

I do have a question though, my old wheels were aired to the specs on the door, but since the new tires are a bit bigger, what should I be airing them to?

Thanks guys,
Shawn

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
You'll note that the specs on the sidewall of the tire is different from the doorjamb sticker. The sidewall spec is max inflation values, the ones on the doorjamb are for the tires stock from the manufacturer. I would suggest starting somewhere near the doorjamb setting and then play around with it a bit so long as you don't go over the max value on the sidewall until you find what gives you the best wear/comfort for your tastes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.