Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Its been a while since I have been on the forum but I am always surprised at how many great articles people post and the random things you find. Keep it up!

So sadly the trailblazers rear differential broke last night :worried: I do not have a exact diagnosis yet but I am assuming something with the ring gear because it will not roll more then 2 feet forward and 2 feet back. First problem in a reallllllly long time but something had to give out at 225K.

I am planning on poping the cover tonight but I am already sensing that I will be buying an entire rear axle this weekend. I was thinking about just replacing the G80 but I read the work shimming and dial gauges..... don't have access to that equipment.

I was looking online and I see there are some G80 with lockers which might be interesting. Can anyone clarify what diff came in what model?

Did not see much about this:
G80 with locker came in ALL EXT models
G80 with out locker came in all LS LT and LTZ

I saw a post about this:
8.0 came in the LS LT LTZ
8.6 came in the V8

3.73 is 4wd
3.42 is 2wd

I have a 2002 trailblazer LS with the 3.73 non locking 8.0 i am guessing(will check inside of the glove box tonight). Anyone have a experience or suggestions what I should put back in it? My truck is just a daily driver nothing to crazy just has CAI and cat back

1 - 1 of 1 Posts