Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered my bilstein HD shocks from shockwarehouse, didnt need our trailvoy discount code because Bilstein has a promotion of there own going on, 10% off when you buy 4. Hopeing to get those, and then order some liftmiesters :D just gotta save up a bit yet. i figured its better to do everything at once, then have to take everything back off and back on again when i order the spacers.. i mean, stock tires and a 2.5" lift wont look to bad.... will it??:duh:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm should i wait for the lift then? just buy everything as i get it put it in the corner, then one magical day put it all on there? im running into another dilemma, i want a bigger tire, that will preform well in snow. im from northen indiana and unless you have witnessed it, you dont know what lake effect snow really is.. hah

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
lol lake effect snow....deep...usually heavy and semi wet...

and comes down quick

but its like completely quiet when its snowing heavily at night even in the city.

i was planning to leave the stock rims on when i get my lift(temporarily...money issues) but go with an offroad tire and not the things that are on there now...which are bald after today...lol
were switching to new tires next weekend...so i got to burn em all up.

i think the lift with stock tire size would look fine...as long as you keep an aggressive tread on there and not street tires

its all a matter of opinion really.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yup thats lake effect snow.. i like driving in it actually, but im gonna need new tires probably before this winter. tie rods went out and i didnt notice till i saw very bad wear on the front wheels..

quick question, could old worn out shocks make the car seem "slower"? maybe on take off because of sag in the back from acceleration? idk just a questions...

·
Registered
91 Posts
The XUV and EXT dont seem to look as bad as the standard TB/Envoy with stock size and a lift. In my gallery there is pics of both stock and bigger tires on my LS. I thought mine looked very off. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my bilstien HDs yesterday and i put the rears on, and i can feel quiet a bit of difference. Im hoping to feel alot more difference when i put the fronts on though. I just have to wait till my friend gets home so he can help me. Dont feel like taking it all apart and not having someone to ask why i have an extra bolt at the end :worried:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts