Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy
35 Posts
Anything planned?

Hi Everyone
I keep checking to see if there is anything planned. I will keep checking.Maybe we can get together before the World of Wheels. Dinner some night or skiing under the lights. Just a couple of ideas.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
215 Posts
Schede....I know when I checked with the Mass DCR, we don't have ANY 4x4 vehicle parks or anything like that in this state, only places for dirtbikes and ATVs....nothing for SUVs/Trucks. So if you can find a place in CT or RI, I'm sure we could get something going. Unfortunately, the timeframe is quickly coming to a close, as it will soon be getting quite cold in our region of the country....:(
i belive its kneepog state park. mild trails to wild trails along the power lines. last time i was there i was in my buddys lifted bronco hada good time. its located here in CT and i dont know if it allows camping tho.

As for the NY idea im totally up for it. I think a pic of like 6 - 10 trailvoys covered in mudd would be sick lol

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
187 Posts
i belive its kneepog state park. mild trails to wild trails along the power lines. last time i was there i was in my buddys lifted bronco hada good time. its located here in CT and i dont know if it allows camping tho.

As for the NY idea im totally up for it. I think a pic of like 6 - 10 trailvoys covered in mudd would be sick lol
i totally agree haha.. ill look into kneepog when i get the change, but this new york park sounds very interesting, i really think we should look into this, i think its a good common ground to meet on considering it's in NY and we are the NE Chapter...

p.s. has anyone else been enjoying this beautiful snow storm we got right after xmas?

·
Registered
187 Posts
i did till i blew my Power steering pump drifting after leaven a bar after monday night football
ouch, sorry to hear that man...

OK, :coffee i went on the Nepaug State Park website and off-roading IS legal:eek::hail: which is good:yes:, and it is located in New Hartford, Connecticut which may also be a good common ground to meet:undecided. It also says, as i posted below,to join a Jeep or off-road club which is perfect being that we are TVer's.

I copied and pasted this below from the website...

Reviews By Park Visitors:

visitor rating: (1 vote)

Went for the 4wheeling
Very fun trails- moderate difficulty some areas would be impossible for stock rigs including loose sandy areas, steep hill climbs, deep holes to negotiate and big roots/rocks to get hung up on

Written by [email protected] 4-Jun-2009

4Wheeling at Nepaug SF is ILLEGAL
Stay on the marked roads. Anything else is off limits! Join a Jeep or offroad club.

Written by Concerned Legal Wheeler 12-Jan-2010

These below are some campgrounds in the area just in case we want to stay overnight and make the trek back to the park for another day of off-roading:excited:. Not sure how far they are from the Nepaug State Park but if they're close we can consider this... Here are the campgrounds in the area...

Area Campgrounds

Cozy Hills Campground
1311 Route 202 Bantam Road
Bantam, CT
860-567-2119

Hemlock Hill Camp Resort
118 Hemlock Hill Road
Litchfield, CT
860-567-2267

Gentile's Campground
223 Mount Tobe Road Route 262
Plymouth, CT
860-283-8437

Sodom Mountain Campground
227 South Loomis Street
Southwick, MA
413-569-3930

OK guys tell me what you think..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
4Wheeling at Nepaug SF is ILLEGAL
Stay on the marked roads. Anything else is off limits! Join a Jeep or offroad club.

Written by Concerned Legal Wheeler 12-Jan-2010

OK guys tell me what you think..:thumbsup:
If its legal how come you also posted this. From what I've heard there isn't anything in CT that is legal.

Thats why that poster said join a club b/c clubs have access to private land that the public does not...

·
Registered
187 Posts
sry buddy, i literally just read that. its new information to me.

where's that video from nepaug? i want no business in off-roading if we can get in trouble...

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
can you not see the vid I posted? Not much of a vid just more playing around..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBj_pHHauO8&feature=related

I've been trying to search it out on google but can't get a definite answer. Seems that possibly just easy logging roads might be OK, but there were alot of side trails, more difficult stuff closed...

But still not %100 sure of it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
I'm going to be hanging out with Dan tomorrow, I'll ask him about this video and how much trouble they got into while they were down there. I will let everyone know

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
Ok so here's the deal. I talked to Dan about this on Saturday, each person in the video who had their license plates visible to the camera, each received a $75 ticket in the mail.

The CT Parks department found the video on youtube and ran the plates, issuing the citations to the registered owners.

Just an FYI for everyone.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
215 Posts
i just sat down and watched the video. 4 wheeling in the portland fair grounds is deff illegal but ive been there done that :p and ive had many bonfires and kegg partys there lol. On another note i tihnk they got fined because of the fair grounds not at nee pog because i still think its legal there. I needa get ahold of my friend from DEP and see if i can geta definite answer. but like id be able to do alot of wheelin with stock suspension anyway

41 - 60 of 65 Posts