I saw this done with another chapter figured it would be a good idea
:)

I'm proposing a drive-in movie night?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spring is around the corner......................

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
193 Posts
Meet idea

OR how about a meet where we all agree to do a specific mod or repair? We could help each other with tools and expertise. Some of us really need the help!

Spring would be best given weather I would think?

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
This link is to the NE chapter homepage:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Here is a link to a Chapter roll call:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=65061

A mod meet sounds cool. There are quite a few people around here with some ideas, and expertise. And I am sure a few that would love to learn about them. Meets are always great because it shows the wide range of capabilities of our trucks. There are so many ways to go. You have the lifted crew of Me, Janesy and Ultravorx and most recently, Kevin, the clean ones like Keith and the low bullets like Jay and Pat. The possibilities are endless. This could be a great meet season, and our first one is March 12-14 at World of wheels in Boston. Feel free to come out to the show and support the site, and people entering their trucks!!!
Link:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=66293

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
193 Posts
Portland Maine here

Maybe when the weather warms up for good? I must say, as a knucklehead, sometimes I get a bit gunshy as many folks on this board have done really awesome mods and put much time and effort into their rides. Mine is still fairly basic given my needs.

I am 44 yo w/kids so there isn't much I can do at this point to become hip or cool...it would be really funny to try though I bet...at least for those laughing at me?

But I have actually done some of the more simple stuff like TB clean and such. I know that is pretty pedestrian in the large scheme...but somewhat of a feat for me. I REALLY APPRECIATE the folks on this site...funny and really mechanically inclined...and can explain it so I can actually understand it...great stuff.

I will watch for potential updates on this idea.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
There is never any reason to be gunshy around us! We are all just regular guys....I mean some are a little more awesomer than others, but regular none the less :excited:. There are plenty of simple mods that can be done to make your TB stand out from the everyday crowd, and I'm sure, besides myself, there are plenty of people willing to help.

We had a faily productive meet season last year, and we started a little late in the year for it. Hopefully this year, with the early start at the World of Wheels, we will have more meets with more people attending due to the increase in members of the Chapter that I have seen over the past few months.

And as far as being 44 with kids, don't ever let that stop you. Bostonjim is running wild around the streets of Boston with a Summit White TBSS and a few custom mods, so anything is possible!

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
I am 44 yo w/kids so there isn't much I can do at this point to become hip or cool...it would be really funny to try though I bet...at least for those laughing at me?
I'm 44 too. Screw the kids, they'll never think I'm cool. :rotfl:

I'm going to make this a sticky thread for now. Hope you get a meet together. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I chatted with Kevin the other night. I have an idea for a meet....We would go to this park
http://forums.trailvoy.com/www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/whd/whdevents.htmhttp://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/whd/whdevents.htm

then go to the drive-in at night. I was thinking of getting a block of rooms at a local hotel the next town over . Which is near a major highway
I don't think this is a bad idea, for some members it could even be a day trip without having to stay the night, if you wanted to save the couple of bucks, of course. However, anyone that came up to New Hampshire with us in October know just how much fun we are when sports are on tv and beer is in the fridge! :thumbsup:

I'm always down for a drive-in movie.....as long as you rascals behave yourselves!! :excited:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just thinking of the people who had a long trip back the drive-in plays two movies so it will be around 1 am when the last movie lets out

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
187 Posts
What area are you guys from? This would be a great thing. I'm from CT.
I live in Fairfield, CT which is pretty much on the "outskirts" of our Northeast chapter and it bums be out because I cannot find a meet close enough:hissy:.. I read there was a meet at the Hooters in Milford which is pretty close but have never heard of this again:sadcry:... Any chance we can get something going more along the coast?!?:undecided

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hey guys! Sorry for the absence recently, but I am back now and ready to get things rocking for the upcoming season.

I am still on board with Keith's "Drive-In Movie" meet idea, I think it would be a fun way for the newbies to come out and meet some of us that had a great season together last year.

Also, for the lifted guys out there, I have been looking into locations around the Northeast for places to get our trucks a little dirty. I have an email in the Massachusetts DCR right now, hoping for a good response.

It's great to see so many new members out there, now let's see how many come out and join us. I know I had a lot of fun last year at our many meets and cruise nights, and I hope that this year is 10x better!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also, for the lifted guys out there, I have been looking into locations around the Northeast for places to get our trucks a little dirty. I have an email in the Massachusetts DCR right now, hoping for a good response.
I am on a stock suspension:sleepy:... but i have been dying to get my tb a little muddy if any of these trails are "mall-rated":D lol... also knowing my location and its geography, these trails won't be anywhere near me:hissy:...

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok spring is here ................ so far not many ideas:confused:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Ok spring is here ................ so far not many ideas:confused:
sorry, Keith, I think there has been a lot of focus on going down to New Jersey. Things will pick up, we've got some new members, DaveLowe had an idea, I'll make sure he throws it out there to everyone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mod Meet

I think a Mod Meet would be cool. I live in CT so any state not too far would be good for me I have friends that would want to bring their trucks to help get modded. :woohoo:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts