Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, by now you've probably read the TECORE planning thread (found here), but if not, I created a website that will house the latest details about the event:

tecore.thedownings.us

The site will stay up to date with maps (as they are made/found), resources, times, and the overall plan.
(since I won't be able to edit this post)

As of Feb 5, the unofficial 'list' is as follows:

JamesDowning (James)
deathbynosleep (Tim)
gordinho80 (Mario)
zmrasta
UTIpastudent
bigbadbowtie088 (Brandon)
vaG8tor
hpimichael02(Mike McD)
DixieTB
Wiseguyz
bartonmd (Mike) (tentative)
Unkljon (John) (tentative)
Dizzlenator Dan(tentative)
MrSmithsTB (tentative)
chevydriverx2 (tentative)
Foosh (tentative)
JeremyM (tentative)
wbriggs19061 (tentative)

To those of you who are still marked as tentative, please update us with your status ASAP! If you are not on the list, please let us know! I would love for everyone to make it.

Just to reiterate a couple things that are posted on the website:

When: April 17-19, 2009.
Where: Off Rt. 33, near Harrisonburg, VA

Feel free to bring a friend, but unless they drive a Trailblazer, they'll be riding shotgun.

Items to bring:

-CB (required)
-At least 30.5" A/T or M/T tires (no stock street tires)
-Lift (recommended)
-Spare Tire (required)
-Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, as minimum)
-Food (Camping stove, food, water, its your call)
-Y'r Balls

If you all have any questions about ANYTHING, feel free to PM me or post it here!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
James your awsome ...LOL keep up the good work and im sure things will fall together perfectly ... sweet website james, awsome , do you make websites for a living(besides the search and rescue) and is there a longest traveler award?? LOL jk, ill be traveling 832.37 miles 13.9 hours, im def. staying the weekend...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Mike! Haha, that's quite a haul! I appreciate you coming that far! We'll try to make it worth your while. Maybe we can find something for the longest traveler... but I can't promise anything.

And no, websites are just a side hobby. I'm actually a mechanical engineer.

·
Registered
728 Posts
hahha, well i think im the Trailvoy member in FL in the Off-Road chapter, somone's gotta be a Rep. for FL..LOL i cant wait for TECORE, its gonna be a blast if even a few guys show up, anyway me and the co-driver are making it a week long trip, were gonna hit up some trails on the way back also, in the near around states...

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
James, you have any of those Trailvoy Offroad stickers around?? Or ARE they stickers, at all?? Cause I'd love to have a couple!! I'll paypal you for them, as needed. Just let me know!! LOL!!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
James, you have any of those Trailvoy Offroad stickers around?? Or ARE they stickers, at all?? Cause I'd love to have a couple!! I'll paypal you for them, as needed. Just let me know!! LOL!!
Haha, yeah I've got some more. I've actually got a whole store full. PM me for a link. ;) (that applies to anyone brave enough to come to TECORE!)

...here's a sneak peak at what's available:

Roadie... did you ever order yours? I don't recall seeing your name in any order forms.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i'm working on coming... but whats the meet time on friday? if i can't make the meet time, could i just try to catch up on the trails (within reasonable speed of corse)? as of now, unless my lift fails to go on again, i will definatley have the lift. i don't have a winch, but i'd be bringing a highlift jack, and three or four tow straps... actually i might be able to get my friends hitch mounted winch. shouldn't we have a list for saftey equiptment, and who will bring what?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be bringing everything I normally carry (see my offroad project website). Between everyone who is coming, we should have plenty of equipment (I hope). I hope everyone that can will purchase a receiver D-ring though. That may make things simpler.

(Oh yeah and even a certain AlekG may be able to make an appearance... I hope I didn't spoil the surprise Alek. :eek:)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
that would be sweet if he showed up! of course we'd all feel like complete ametuers then

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm working on coming... but whats the meet time on friday?
Sorry, I missed this question.

I have yet to set a meeting time. I wanted to try to make it acceptable for everyone. I was thinking maybe 1pm or so. That way we can give everyone a chance to get to the meeting spot. We would also be able to grab a quick lunch in town before heading up the mountains.

Anyone have any opinions as to a particular meeting time?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ok, as of now, it doesn't look like i'll be able to make it till later... might it be ok if i meet up with everybody at the camp site that night? i mean as i said, my buddy and i will have just about every thing we could possibly need to get the truck unstuck (other than another truck) winch, tow straps, high lift jack, shovel, etc.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Due to my almost 14 hour trip, ill be in the area thrus night, so anytime friday for me, but im seeing the best time is probly gonna be later, why dont we have "two" groupings one group being the ones who are able to get there earlier, and group two would meet some where that evening and then they meet group 1 at the campsite(good idea foosh)... but if all to meet up at a certain time 3:30-4pm is probly the most conveinent for most....

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
I believe that my friend and I will be arriving Thursday night, just to familiarize ourselves with the area a little before we head out....Def looking forward to it....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Dizz, thats whats i was gonna do, may also hit a trail or so before the meet time...hhaha its an addiction...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone decides to hit trails before we do as a group, please check and make sure the trail is a legal trail:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/maps_brochures/mvum.shtml

-----------------------------------

We can keep discussing the meet time. I was planning on taking the day off from work, so I'm available at any time after 10am or so.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts