Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello TrailVoy community,

I have been a long time member. I am the original owner of a 2009 Trailblazer red jewel tint coat LT3 black leather interior. I have 181,000 miles on it and it runs flawlessly!

The driver's door and left rear passenger door hit each other as they close. I always have to open the driver's door first before I can either open or close the left rear passenger door otherwise they will touch (rear of driver's door hits the front edge of passenger door).

I have owned the truck since new and never had an accident.

Any ideas how this happened?
How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,370 Posts
Check the body gaps around each door, this should give an indication where the misalignment is. Once you know that, you can examine the hinge area for wear or any damage. You can try to re-align the suspect door by loosening the hinge bolts while supporting the door. OR, you can take it to a body shop and have them do the job.

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I suspect that it is the drivers door just for the reasons that it gets used more, is bigger and heavier and probably got taken by the wind a few times. When I looked at the hinges it did not look like the door was adjustable. Hopefully I can slide the door forward a bit to make clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts