Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bagged there TBSS? If so is there a kit, where do I buy, is there anything else I need to buy or does the kit do it. Also, I will have a system in the back that I am anticipating will make the rearend sag will I need anythign to compensate for this? i appreciate any assistance

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
www.ridetech.com
They have a shockwave for the front and replacement bags for the rear. That kit won't lay you out. For that you have to cut into the rear doors and floor. You will most likely get the response of "get coilovers" since you have an SS. But do a search on here, a member just got done putting his wifes Trailblazer on bags and it looks sick! His name is crimepaysvideos :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2008 Trailbalzer ss air ride

So are you saying that i should get coilovers? So without cutting into the rear doors and all that how low can I go? and how much for the kit and where can i find it?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
So are you saying that i should get coilovers? So without cutting into the rear doors and all that how low can I go? and how much for the kit and where can i find it?
Coilovers are up to you. The shockwavs run around $900 for the front and the rear kit from them is around $300. You would then need some type of compressor, valves, tank and switches. It will get you about 5 to 6 inches lower then stock. There is a guy on here who has the shockwaves up front with the DJM lower bracket so he's droped an additional 2". As for the coilovers you'll find that most of the SS guys are on that kick right now. Nothing against them as you can adjust your height but not as easy as the bags.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which is better in terms of longevity? And to say I am a racer but how do bags fare with speed, and ride and all that. which is more economical, coilovers I would suspect?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
If you plan on takeing the truck to the track a proper air set-up would have it's advantages over coilovers. With air you can change your spring rate from inside the cab. On coilovers you have to take the wheel off to adjust the height. As far as which will last longer or have less issues, depends on how it's done. Keep in mind your over the road trucks and trailers ride on air, as do most motorhomes and metro buses so they are reliable. Cost wise coilovers will be less, but they are not cheap

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So cost wise what am i lookin at for a complete air ride set up? This is also bolt on no extensive cutting or chopping of the truck, right? Can you point me in the right direction in terms of the parts i will need.

Thanks, I appreciate your time

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
You can find the stuff from Air Ride Technologies @ ridetech.com Or places like summitracing.com

Shockwaves skw1024
Rear kit arr22600

You will not have to cut anything other then he rear bumpstop. Now with the SS you should have rear air springs right now. You can adapt those to be adjustable to save you some money.

As for the compressors, switches, valves and gauges you can be anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand depending on what you want out ofthe system. Check out ridetech.com for more info on what options they have on that. Also make sure you check out s10forum.com and browse through the baggin it section and the sections from air ride, suicide doors, avs, kris dye fabrication, and gauge magazine to see other options on wht you can use for gauges, vlaves, tanks and compressors.

Overall cost could be anywhere from 2 grand to 4 grand total and you could easily install all of it as it bolts on and can be removed.:thumbsup: I think some one was selling this stuff in the classifieds section on here too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw a kit which includes pretty much everything i think for around 2000 it is a year old. Also, I am planning on having system in the back and it made my previous truck sag a little in the back what is your opinion on that issue?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
If you have the rear air ride right now you have auto load leveling so putting more weight will just mean it will pump more air pressure to raise the back up. There are plenty of members that have some nice big systems in the back:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know if I mentioned this earlier or not but my truck is AWD does that make a difference or not?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also does anyone know the coilovers that I would need for my truck I wasnt to take a look but cant seem to find any that are specifically for the 08 TBSS....Thanks

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
OK first your SS has air bags in the back already. No springs at all, just bags. Adjust the load levelers to the height you want, done. Easiest drop out there! Or swap them out for coilovers, up to you.

Cant bag your SS without converting to 2WD man, nope no how no way. The front half shafts go through the suspension in such a way that the max lowering you can go is 31.25" from ground to fender lip. Most recommend 31.5-31.75" to ensure you dont lose your halfshafts all the time, even at this drop the wear is significantly increased. Use kbee coilovers with DJM a arms to get this drop and the coilovers are height and dampening adjustable. They are what I will use on my SS when I can afford them, essentially 0 drawbacks and all benefits.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I figured out how to convert from awd to 2wd..it actually a very easy conversion....so once I am converted how low can I go....also, with bags in the back how do i adjust the load level

1 - 18 of 18 Posts