Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ 5.3L V8 140,000 km. Two days ago when I started the car and began driving, I noticed the “Check Gauges” light had come on and the oil pressure gauge needle was exactly at 0. I immediately stopped my car and shut down the engine to check the oil level which was absolutely fine. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I carefully drove to my destination without any problem. There was no engine power issue or any other noise. There was no engine oil warning light or any message like “oil pressure low” on the driver information center. Everything seems to be fine except the “check gauges” light and the oil pressure gauge reading. I have driven more than 300 km since then. What should I do?:x

·
Registered
2009 chevy
263 Posts
I have a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ 5.3L V8 140,000 km. Two days ago when I started the car and began driving, I noticed the “Check Gauges” light had come on and the oil pressure gauge needle was exactly at 0. I immediately stopped my car and shut down the engine to check the oil level which was absolutely fine. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I carefully drove to my destination without any problem. There was no engine power issue or any other noise. There was no engine oil warning light or any message like “oil pressure low” on the driver information center. Everything seems to be fine except the “check gauges” light and the oil pressure gauge reading. I have driven more than 300 km since then. What should I do?:x
Hey the86ali,

I'm happy to hear that you aren't experiencing any issues driving, but I completely understand how this is concerning. I would be more than happy to look into your concerns. Could you please send us a private message with your VIN so I can look further into your vehicle's history? I look forward to hearing from you and if you have any other questions, let us know.

Anisha T.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
oil pressure switch

My 07 did same thing last month. Its the oil pressure sender. Its an easy diy job if you have patience.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,239 Posts
The oil pressure gauge s fake, meaning it only shows what is programmed inti the bcm. It is not accurate by any means. More than likely, you need to replace the oil pressure sender. FWIW, my tb idles at 7psi by the mechanical giage I installed while the dash gauge shows 40 psi.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,548 Posts
The OP has a V8 and has a real oil pressure sensor that measures actual pressure.

Agree, sensor should be changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts