Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replace the motor in my 08 trailblazer about 8 months ago. Recently I had a taillight short and since then I have no power to accelerate from a stop. When you start the vehicle it seems fine but once you put it into drive or reverse it makes an awful vibration. I replaced the throttle body and sensor. I’m not sure if it’s an electric issue with a sensor, transmission issue or what. It does not have any codes.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,396 Posts
Huh?

Replace the motor in my 08 trailblazer about 8 months ago.
Why?

Recently I had a taillight short and since then I have no power to accelerate from a stop.
Not related --- and what kind or "short" can a taillight cause?

When you start the vehicle it seems fine but once you put it into drive or reverse it makes an awful vibration.
Much more information is needed.

I replaced the throttle body and sensor.
Why?
Makes no sense.
Changing the air in the tires would be better.

I’m not sure if it’s an electric issue with a sensor, transmission issue or what.
That's obvious.

It does not have any codes.
Who ascertained this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the motor in my 08 trailblazer about 8 months ago. Recently I had a taillight short and since then I have no power to accelerate from a stop. When you start the vehicle it seems fine but once you put it into drive or reverse it makes an awful vibration. I replaced the throttle body and sensor. I’m not sure if it’s an electric issue with a sensor, transmission issue or what. It does not have any codes.
Huh?

Why?
The motor was replaced because the original threw a rod!

Not related --- and what kind or "short" can a taillight cause? The passenger rear brake light assembly burnt to another tab inside. I can send a picture if you really need it

Much more information is needed.
When you start the vehicle it seems to run fine, when you put it into drive that’s when it makes the vibration noise. If you try to accelerate fast it will not, it has a slow acceleration. Once you are moving you can smash the gas petal and go but not from a stop.

Why?
Makes no sense.
Changing the air in the tires would be better.

That's obvious.

Who ascertained this? I took it to a local garage just to see if it had any codes. They told me all seemed good.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,396 Posts
Who ascertained this?

I took it to a local garage just to see if it had any codes. They told me all seemed good

... and yet they had nothing to offer about your problem? Not much of a shop then.

What conscriptions did you place on them?

You're being very cryptic with your post.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Without any additional info I would: make sure the the engine and tran correspond to each other, sometimes due to the milling or some previous’ owner work, shims may be needed, for what you said I would not only check for the trans fluid level but I would have the fluid and filter replaced.
escalating the money expenditure, there are solenoids and shifters that may new replacement, new gaskets, etc, occasionally the filter seal gives and does not allow the pressure to be maintained and you get all sort of symptoms, vibration, lag during shifting, etc. good luck

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
6 Posts
Check your engine mounts. If they fail. engine moves a lot, sensor pick that up and slow engine to protect it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Verify fuel pressure.

Connect a scan tool, look at the data stream. "Codes" can be useful, but the real diagnosis happens with sensor data, misfire data, computer output data, etc.

Kinda guessing that you've got misfire problems, perhaps due to a failed ignition coil or two; or a failed injector or injector harness. (but let the misfire data guide you.)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Check your engine mounts. If they fail. engine moves a lot, sensor pick that up and slow engine to protect it.
Where is the engine motion sensor located?

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,581 Posts
As keysdoctor said - check the motor and transmission mounts. If they were changed when you got the new engine installed, and they were not Genuine GM motor mounts, you can expect trouble. Aftermarket motor/transmission mounts are a crapshoot today with the odds in the favor of them going bad sooner than later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts