Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday after after eating out for lunch where my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer 3 XLT sat in 95 to 100 degree heat for about 20 minutes, when starting it and turning on the A/C it blew hot continuously until we got home which took about 20 minutes. The vehicle had sat outside for about 3 hours prior to going to lunch and I had no issues with the A/C then.

Thinking it might be a fuse, I put in a new one after it had sat in the home garage for about 30 minutes, but still no luck, still blowing hot air. I made an appointment with the Chevy dealership for the next day, but when I started the car the next morning the A/C was fine and the dealership could find nothing wrong.

I am expecting this to happen on another extremely hot day.

Any ideas what might cause this?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Lots of possibilities, but it all hinges on whether the AC compressor was engaged or not when it was failing to cool the vehicle.

If the compressor was running, and the receiver/dryer was cold, and it was blowing hot air inside, then you have a problem with the temp actuators in the plenum behind the dash. Odd that both driver and passenger side would mess up at the same time, though.

If the compressor was off, you might have had a sticky low pressure switch or any of a dozen other items that can disable the system.

Did the dealer check for AC system pressure? Or just say "Yep - it worked while we're watching it."

The low pressure switch (at the receiver/dryer) is a cheap DIY fix, but only if the compressor is not engaged, and you KNOW you have good refrigerant pressure.

Look for the compressor being engaged next time, if you didn't look at it when it was borked this time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did comment to dealer service that I did not notice where the compressor was kicking in but it still apparently didn't make a difference in the diagnosis. I will make a comment regarding the low pressure switch if it happens again.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Dealer Service Advisor: Hey, Joe. That Steve is on the phone again about his Trailblazer's AC. Did you find anything wrong last time he brought it in?

Joe: Nah. Took it to In-n-Out for lunch and the AC worked for me on the way over but it was cool when me and the boys started it up. We ate in the car to make sure we didn't try the same conditions as he did, because we really needed the AC ya know. That new upholstery shampoo machine we got did a great job on the ketchup stains, though. Thanks for that gadget!

Service Advisor - taking you off hold:
No, sir. We have no idea why it didn't cool down for you yet again. Bring it in and we'll take another look. OK. [hangs up]. Hey Joe, you MORON. When it's in again, make sure you log into trailvoy and let them figure it out, willya? Our training budget's been cancelled.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
22 Posts
2008 trailblazer a/c problems

I have a same problem, Intermittent blows hot air, A/c clutch is not engaged when this happens. seems to happen on real hot days, high 90s. I noticed if I park it in the shade during the day it seems ok. usually works good in the am on the way to work. I switched the relay, same thing. tried shorting across the low press switch,same thing. Any help out there?

Charlie

·
Registered
18 Posts
same problem

08 trailblazer AC works randomly, one day it works fine then the next day nothing then a few days pass then its fine. So I take it in and they said there is a short somewhere because its getting to power to the low pressure switch. So anyone have a schematic of how to trace this wire back or can I just put a jumper wire from the battery to the low pressure switch and manually engage the compressor??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts