Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The a/c system only blows air thru defoster and feet area no matter what. Wont blow out dash area even if i have it as heater. Pulled fuses 36 and 39. Still blows hot air most of the time. Every once in a while i will get cool cold air but never thru dash. Suggestions? Yes i have a new battery.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,286 Posts
Sounds like you may have two problems. One being that apparently nothing comes out of the face vents, this most likely is the Mode actuator.

Next, you need to determine if the AC system is actually working. With engine running and HVAC controls set to AC, see if the AC compressor is engaging and the silver cylinder on the passenger side firewall is getting cold. If these don't, then the system needs to be troubleshot.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
69 Posts
If yours is like mine, the A/C compressor is not allowed to engage when the coolant temperature gauge has an error message of "low coolant temperature" and a check gauges light is also lit up. We clear codes for our gauge to work again. Not sure why it works for us, but we have similar mode issues with only face vents that work or defrost, no floor vents, ever.

Rob in AZ

·
Registered
2005 trailblazer_lt
112 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts