Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2008 envoy which all functions stoped working on the drivers door. I found the bad fuse and replaced it and the window went down and smoke started pouring out of the control panel on the drivers door. Until I can get the replacement DDM (drivers door module) what do I jump to rasie the window? Colors and location would be great.

Thanks,
Shawn in Buffalo:confused:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
365 Posts
I wonder if you can get it to go up with the passenger door module..

just plug the wires in (the harness that fit it) and see if that works :undecided
:iagree: That's what I had to do when my driver's side panel went out.

Swapped the panels long enough to get the window up then bought a new panel off eBay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if you can get it to go up with the passenger door module..

just plug the wires in (the harness that fit it) and see if that works :undecided
I did use the passenger side module to get the window up, it worked like a champ:woot:-this also confirmed that the driverside module is in fact bad. I called and got a price from the GMC dealer $172.73 :sadcry:for the part and $45.00 to program it as once it's installed it will only control the drivers side and the 3 other doors won't work until it's programmed.

Shawn in Buffalo

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
I did use the passenger side module to get the window up, it worked like a champ:woot:-this also confirmed that the driverside module is in fact bad. I called and got a price from the GMC dealer $172.73 :sadcry:for the part and $45.00 to program it as once it's installed it will only control the drivers side and the 3 other doors won't work until it's programmed.

Shawn in Buffalo
that is when you start shopping around on ebay :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I called and got a price from the GMC dealer $172.73 :sadcry:for the part and $45.00 to program it as once it's installed
Calling local dealers for prices like that can only be termed "entertainment." ;)
it will only control the drivers side and the 3 other doors won't work until it's programmed.
They could easily have designed that to be otherwise, so they deserve to lose business to Ebay and the recyclers for that evil and customer-unfriendly decision. Lazy engineers probably under management orders to preserve the dealer's undeserved place in the out-year revenue stream.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Part Is in

FYI- I installed the new part yesterday, nothing works on that panel until it gets programmed @ the Dealer-They get ya coming and going-Bad Design!!

Shawn In Buffalo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts