Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Hope I posted in the right thread here. Anyway, I recently sold my Navigator (with 256k still running strong), to get this GMC with 150k that suddenly has a motor tick. I've learned alot more about AFM than I've ever wanted to, and I know this motor is solid without AFM. Also, I freaking love this truck! (Retreat? Hell, we just got here! - Lloyd Williams USMC) So, while We've got it open, I want to throw in a stage 2 cam. A little more power would be nice! But is it real? I'm planning on changing the tune and standard afm delete gear put in, but could I run stock with everything and have an upgraded cam? I know a little bit about working on motors, but this is new territory for me. I've never wanted to have any fun with upgrading motors before, so please excuse my ignorance. I've been reading quite a few posts from here, so if I missed the answer somewhere, my apologies. I'm excited to get this underway. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called AMS Racing to get the AFM delete questions sorted out. Going with a Stage 1 cam. Pics and updates to come....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. Hope I posted in the right thread here. Anyway, I recently sold my Navigator (with 256k still running strong), to get this GMC with 150k that suddenly has a motor tick. I've learned alot more about AFM than I've ever wanted to, and I know this motor is solid without AFM. Also, I freaking love this truck! (Retreat? Hell, we just got here! - Lloyd Williams USMC) So, while We've got it open, I want to throw in a stage 2 cam. A little more power would be nice! But is it real? I'm planning on changing the tune and standard afm delete gear put in, but could I run stock with everything and have an upgraded cam? I know a little bit about working on motors, but this is new territory for me. I've never wanted to have any fun with upgrading motors before, so please excuse my ignorance. I've been reading quite a few posts from here, so if I missed the answer somewhere, my apologies. I'm excited to get this underway. Thanks for your input.
Called AMS Racing to get the AFM delete questions sorted out. Going with a Stage 1 cam. Pics and updates to come....
I went with Brian Tooley Stage 2 with upgraded LS7 Lifters, and spiderweb springs, Comp Cams upgrade on rocker trunnion bearings, upgraded Melling oil pump. should have a nice lope

1 - 3 of 3 Posts