Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 - 2009 TB Lack of Design Updates

So the other day I'm looking for a new car to replace my 2002 TB and I stop in at the local Chevy dealer to take a look at the new Traverse (which, btw, is one of the most cheap looking/feeling cars I've ever seen) and I spotted a 2009 TB. The thing looked just like my 2002. I really couldn't tell any real difference. I looked inside and the only difference I could see was a difference in the shift knob. What gives?

In 7 years of opportunities to update the design, it looks like GM chose to do absolutely nothing with this truck. I would buy a 2009 TB if they had changed the inside/outside design a bit so at least it would feel like I were driving a newer vehicle instead of my old vehicle with fewer miles on it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Tell me about it. What bugs me the most is the 4 speed transmission. Stone age number for a production vehicle if you ask me.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
135 Posts
Well, from what I've heard, GM doesn't plan on producing the TB anymore after about 2010 or 2011. In light of that, I wouldn't hold my breath that a model with a rather ephemeral life expectancy will see any more updates before it's put to pasture. That being said, I've always liked the look of the TB, and least GM gave us 3 subtly different iterations over its 10 or so year lifespan.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2009 was the last production year - and limited at that, from what I gather.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,786 Posts
The last GMT-360 rolled off the line on 12/23/08. It was a white GMC Envoy. The plant is being shut down. Don't expect another vehicle like the GMT-360 to be from GM ever :sadcry::hissy::weird:.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
So the other day I'm looking for a new car to replace my 2002 TB and I stop in at the local Chevy dealer to take a look at the new Traverse (which, btw, is one of the most cheap looking/feeling cars I've ever seen) and I spotted a 2009 TB. The thing looked just like my 2002. I really couldn't tell any real difference. I looked inside and the only difference I could see was a difference in the shift knob. What gives?

In 7 years of opportunities to update the design, it looks like GM chose to do absolutely nothing with this truck. I would buy a 2009 TB if they had changed the inside/outside design a bit so at least it would feel like I were driving a newer vehicle instead of my old vehicle with fewer miles on it.
I too have been disappointed in the lack of upgrades and refinements of the GMT 360 line. Honda has upgraded their Pilot enough that you can see differences. GM just let the GMT 360s die on the vine. :sadcry:

It wasn't just high gas prices that killed the sale of these trucks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts

quite beautifully and elequently spoken. The Traverse is a POS.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
They didn't do a major body redesign, but the 06+ trucks are much nicer than the early trucks. All the new ones have MUCH better front seats and engines (as far as power and economy go) and the 08+ trucks have better looking grilles and bumpers, the door handles and rockers are painted to match instead of the ugly textured plastic, and they have better looking wheels. They didn't get a major redesign becuase the truck is only been on this design for 7 years, so they just updated the little things along the way.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ltz
266 Posts
that is right..

no change at ALL. and you cant even mention any change
if you got 02 or 08 or 09 .. all are the same..
even the air-noise they didn't do anything with it to improve the production

today i got :crazy: with the noise really , i fell like a window open

there is no feedback from customer to them for improvment...
they just now lunch the GM Next ... and they gone away

don't know what to say else

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
27 Posts
ungrateful GM !

It was planned for the trailblazer to be re designed in 2010 but the only thing we got was a face lifts in 07 for the LT only … GM had more focus on the crossovers:rolleyes: !, the discontinuation of the GMT360 will be something they will regret, someday

Maybe they had forgot that it was the trailblazer who got over the ford explorer sales in 2003 for the first time in GM history …..

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
It was planned for the trailblazer to be re designed in 2010 but the only thing we got was a face lifts in 07 for the LT only … GM had more focus on the crossovers:rolleyes: !, the discontinuation of the GMT360 will be something they will regret, someday

Maybe they had forgot that it was the trailblazer who got over the ford explorer sales in 2003 for the first time in GM history …..
You raise a great point. After the Explorer rollover debacles the GM Truck engineering Center in Pontiac (which was shut down by the Grim Reaper for the 360 Jim (Alfalfa) Queen) put an Explorer on display with the rear jacked up on one side. You did not have to jack up the explorer much to get that wheel to lift off the ground. All the GM 360 Truck engineers had a feeling of pride seeing how superior our suspension was to the explorer. Corporate forced the Truck to take the display down the next day as it was not considered very sporting to so plainly humiliate a competitor right in the lobby in your engineering center.

Alas its all water under the bridge, Jim (Alfalfa) Queen has shut down what remained of GM Truck Engineering. The customers will have to like his POS crossovers, cause he says so!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
So in 7 years of opportunities to update the design, it looks like GM chose to do absolutely nothing with this truck. I would buy a 2009 TB if they had changed the inside/outside design a bit so at least it would feel like I were driving a newer vehicle instead of my old vehicle with fewer miles on it.
Gee, now i wonder why GM is in the shape it is today....any guesses :undecided ?

Perfect example of why....no interior changes, same old 4 speed trans......and these GM execs are crying for $$ to fix all the things they did wrong....

Hate to say this, but after being a loyal GM owner for the past 38 years, a Toyota is looking better & better to me every day.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Gee, now i wonder why GM is in the shape it is today....any guesses :undecided ?

Perfect example of why....no interior changes, same old 4 speed trans......and these GM execs are crying for $$ to fix all the things they did wrong....

Hate to say this, but after being a loyal GM owner for the past 38 years, a Toyota is looking better & better to me every day.
I whole heartedly agree with you. The one thing these foreign owned companies do that GM hasn't is try to connect with people who actually own their vehicles and survey them on how to improve their products. Has GM ever done that with us here on TrailVoy.com?

I'm not sure if they also know that times have changed and there are A LOT of high schoolers working now and getting their licences. They should seriously try to make vehicles that attracts a younger market instead of making these vehicles that only appeal to those who're crawling into their golden years (No offence to the older forum members).

I'm just waiting for the warranty on my EXT to run out. Once it does, I'm running to the closest Toyota dealer and picking up a Toyota Sequoia. Can't be loyal to a company who's not at all loyal to their customers. :suicide:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
I whole heartedly agree with you. The one thing these foreign owned companies do that GM hasn't is try to connect with people who actually own their vehicles and survey them on how to improve their products. Has GM ever done that with us here on TrailVoy.com?

I'm not sure if they also know that times have changed and there are A LOT of high schoolers working now and getting their licences. They should seriously try to make vehicles that attracts a younger market instead of making these vehicles that only appeal to those who're crawling into their golden years (No offence to the older forum members).

I'm just waiting for the warranty on my EXT to run out. Once it does, I'm running to the closest Toyota dealer and picking up a Toyota Sequoia. Can't be loyal to a company who's not at all loyal to their customers. :suicide:

Very well said..are you listening to this Vice President of Global Engineering at GM ,,,JIm (Alfalfa) Queen????

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
27 Posts
Yes sir , no major changes since 2006 , they kept the same interior and etc… then they say the number of sales is down:weird: , one of the most popular mid size SUVs’ ain’t sell well ,

Ford are committing to their explorer no matter what,

Whose fault is this??

its just killing ME !

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Yes sir , no major changes since 2006 , they kept the same interior and etc… then they say the number of sales is down:weird: , one of the most popular mid size SUVs’ ain’t sell well ,

Ford are committing to their explorer no matter what,

Whose fault is this??

its just killing ME !
I hope Ford's committed to it, because then the people looking for a small SUV will buy a POS Ford and then go tell everyone allAmerican cars are junk. That's a HUGE reason with why the American companies are in the position they are because most Americans only need one example to comdemn something. They go buy a Pinto or a Monza and then every American car ever created is **** to them. I truely believe GM's currect vehicles (and many past vehicles) are of equal quality and reliability to Japanese cars, but Ford is still getting there and I'm not sure Chrysler will ever be there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts