Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to replace the thermostat (code p0128) and I had a few questions about the parts.

The stant thermostat #14659 says 187º on the website and Amazon says 190º. Are these operating temperatures or the temp at which it opens up? I know the truck's correct operating temp is 210º. Would you recommend a specific brand or is a stant sufficient?

Whats the correct psi for the radiator cap? I've seen 15 and 16.

Will I notice a difference if I purchase a cheaper serpentine belt $10-$12 instead of a $25-$30

How can I test or check to see if I need to drain/replace the coolant. It doesn't look dirty or discolored.

Thanks!
(If you have a link to a good write up please post)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
10 Posts
stant would be fine,we use mostly ac delco parts at our shop. that is the temp that it opens.3 degrees wont make a difference. my cap is rated at 16 but 1 psi wont make a difference either. i wouldnt go too cheap on the belt, a descent mid grade belt would be ok. grab the fan blades & see if the water pump has any excessive movement. i've also heard quite a few idler pulleys with noisy bearings. you can check the coolant freeze protection temp & ph levels but you might as well take the lower hose off at the rad & drain the old stuff out then put new dexcool 50/50 in it. since it doesn't seem dirty a system flush probably isnt necessary. hope this helps:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts