Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 trailblazer that sticks in park,shift moves,trans also move tru the gears,,it tries to move but its in park and the other gear at the same time,,,if i jerk the shifter back and forth it will disengage park and drive as normal untill i place it in park again,,then i have to do the same thing again to get it to work,,,,im thinking one day it wont work and im stuck for good,,,thanks for any feed back that may help,,,,,joe may

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tested the shift lock system out?
Shift lock system checks fine, seems the parking pawl may be loose or a spring is broken,there is now a clicking noise when is reverse and the car is rolling,,,,,Aamco maybe the answer,,,,Thanks TJBaker

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
844 Posts
Shift lock system checks fine, seems the parking pawl may be loose or a spring is broken,there is now a clicking noise when is reverse and the car is rolling,,,,,Aamco maybe the answer,,,,Thanks TJBaker
You may want to get underneath and check the shift cable at the transmission. These are known to have worn out plastic pieces that allow the cable to move which it should not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts