Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trailblazer was idling rough and driving rough. Clear misfire. Would drive fine when i didnt press gas pedal heavy but when flooring it would rev really hard. Went to autozone to get codes scanned and got p0300 p0014 p0017 p0365. I changed the camshaft solenoid and camshaft sensor and it didnt help. Now the car wont start. It cranks and tries to start but wont.

thinking coil pack or spark plugs? hopefully? Really hope the engine isnt damaged.

Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My trailblazer was idling rough and driving rough. Clear misfire. Would drive fine when i didnt press gas pedal heavy but when flooring it would rev really hard. Went to autozone to get codes scanned and got p0300 p0014 p0017 p0365. I changed the camshaft solenoid and camshaft sensor and it didnt help. Now the car wont start. It cranks and tries to start but wont.

thinking coil pack or spark plugs? hopefully? Really hope the engine isnt damaged.

Appreciate any advice.
There's no possibility of all the coil packs and/or the plugs failing at the same time.... so delete that thought.

Why would you hope that the engine isn't damaged? Is there something you're not saying?

When was the last oil change?

FYI....
P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit Bank 1
P0017 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
Perform a wiggle test on every wire set under the hood ... this MIGHT be a broken wire which is going to be impossible to tutor over the internet.

You may be under water here if you don't have logical skills (not in evidence by your post) or have someone to actually hold your hand through this diagnosis.

If I have to perform an internet guess with the little info you've provided, I'd be looking at the cam offset angle and do an oil change.
There's too many alike-and-in-the-same-area codes here to ignore the possible bad synchronicity of the cam in relation to the crank.

That they all popped up in the same time makes me suspect a common bad wire, a common blown fuse, a bad CKS-CPS corollary, no common B+ or a bad relay ...... or aliens, (flying saucer type).

Do you hear the fuel pump run?
Do you have the tools to do this yourself? Meter, probes, both back- and front- types, a bidirectional scanner, induction ammeter .... etc ?

..... so many questions ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no possibility of all the coil packs and/or the plugs failing at the same time.... so delete that thought.

Why would you hope that the engine isn't damaged? Is there something you're not saying?

FYI....
Perform a wiggle test on every wire set under the hood ... this MIGHT be a broken wire which is going to be impossible to tutor over the internet.

You may be under water here if you don't have logical skills (not in evidence by your post) or have someone to actually hold your hand through this diagnosis.

If I have to perform an internet guess with the little info you've provided, I'd be looking at the cam offset angle and do an oil change.
There's too many alike-and-in-the-same-area codes here to ignore the possible bad synchronicity of the cam in relation to the crank.

That they all popped up in the same time makes me suspect a common bad wire, a common blown fuse, a bad CKS-CPS corollary, no common B+ or a bad relay ...... or aliens, (flying saucer type).

Do you have the tools to do this yourself? Meter, probes, both back- and front- types, a bidirectional scanner, induction ammeter .... etc ?

the oil was changed recently and i kept up with oil changes. I can hear the fuel pump run. Can a broken wire really cause it to idle and drive rough, and then not start?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

FYI....

So i just went outside and tightened the bolt on the camshaft solenoid. The truck started and no check engine light was on. First time no CEL since the problem. There was a slight ticking sound from the engine for the first maybe 20 seconds then it went away?? is it possible the camshaft solenoid just wasnt fully tightened and this was causing the problem? I didnt have a chance to drive it yet, just hear it idle.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Appreciate any advice.
Most likely your on right path went through same issue with my 03tbext.Also the cam and crank sensors need to be married or "learn" Sync via a computer to make the vehicle run smoothly like it was new. I never did this to mine but mine is a different beast now so it runs hard anyways just passed 250,000 on tbext 2nd trans also and plugs and coil packs .
In my opinion if you like the truck and your ball joints and all of your front end suspention is good change the plugs and coil packs , do all of them cost estemation round 100$ , but check make sure its getting gas up top by depressing the valve stem on gas line under hood if good then key it up and listen for fuel pump check your fuses also first especially your ECM fusses there are 2 if those are all good then proceed with plugs and coil packs .
Hope that helps.
Fuses first fuel pump listen 2nd pressure at fuel line under hood third.Have faith bro these 4.2 litre are indestructable . . .
So i just went outside and tightened the bolt on the camshaft solenoid. The truck started and no check engine light was on. First time no CEL since the problem. There was a slight ticking sound from the engine for the first maybe 20 seconds then it went away?? is it possible the camshaft solenoid just wasnt fully tightened and this was causing the problem? I didnt have a chance to drive it yet, just hear it idle.
Yes it is make sure its clean of debries also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts