Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Earlier today I installed a Sony CDX-GT565UP radio, and purchased an Wire Harness from American International (Model GWH-404). I plugged in the harness to the stock harness, wired in a Switch 12v (used the Rain Sense fuse inside the Cabin Fuse box located behind the driver under the backseat, this trim didn't come with them, and also didn't know what wire was a 12v switched under the steering column) , and then proceeded to wire it up to the sony adapter to the Harness (Green to Green, Grey/Black to Grey/Black ,etc). Before putting the dash back together, i turned the car on and tested the radio. The Sony unit turns on , but no sound comes out of the speakers. Also, after a couple of seconds, on the HUD it shows "Service Stabilitrak" followed by all service lights turning on (Battery, ABS, Check Engine, Tire Pressure, etc. I immediately turned off the vehicle, hooked up the stock stereo, and everything works fine. I tried the Sony again, and same issue happened.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? I know this wiring harness bypasses the OnStar, chimes, and Driver Information Center, as stated in the packaging of the harness. Also with this harness, the colors are universal with the stereo right? (the point of the harness, lol :p )

any help will be appreciated!! :thx

EDIT: I wired the GND for the Stereo into the GND on the harness. The Sony instructions said to wire the Black Ground directly into the frame of the Vehicle. Just wanted to add this in case this makes a difference, Even though the stereo is getting power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did your truck come with a bose sound system??
I believe it is ,but can't tell you now because it's my sisters car and she drove away to work lol.I don't remember seeing Bose on the radio. Does that make a big difference if it's Bose or non Bose?

QUOTE: also you should have bought this as the radio communicates with the bcm i think http://www.amazon.com/Metra-GMRC-01-.../dp/B00032AIGG
mind you the link is for the non-bose and non-onstar

I know the harness makes it a lot easier putting in an aftermarket radio, but my sis hated the on star functions and chimes, so would I still need this harness?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
180 Posts
I believe it is ,but can't tell you now because it's my sisters car and she drove away to work lol.I don't remember seeing Bose on the radio. Does that make a big difference if it's Bose or non Bose?

QUOTE: also you should have bought this as the radio communicates with the bcm i think http://www.amazon.com/Metra-GMRC-01-.../dp/B00032AIGG
mind you the link is for the non-bose and non-onstar

I know the harness makes it a lot easier putting in an aftermarket radio, but my sis hated the on star functions and chimes, so would I still need this harness?
a way to test if you have a bose unit or not is by increasing the volume then decreasing it with the stock unit attached, it would have a bit of a delay in the sound if it has a bose system installed

and for the gmrc-01 unit you can decrease the volume of the chime or even disconnect the chime speaker

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a way to test if you have a bose unit or not is by increasing the volume then decreasing it with the stock unit attached, it would have a bit of a delay in the sound if it has a bose system installed

and for the gmrc-01 unit you can decrease the volume of the chime or even disconnect the chime speaker
Okay I will do the test to see if it's Bose or non Bose ? does that make a difference when installing a radio?

As for the harness, is it possible to use the harness I have and not the gmrc-01? I read on the forums an aftermarket stereo can be installed without the gmrc harness.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Okay I will do the test to see if it's Bose or non Bose ? does that make a difference when installing a radio?

As for the harness, is it possible to use the harness I have and not the gmrc-01? I read on the forums an aftermarket stereo can be installed without the gmrc harness.
yes it will make a difference as the bose amp needs the turn on signal from the radio so the speakers can get sound

as for the harness its recommended to use the gmrc-01 as the stock radio communicates with the bcm and that enables the rap
check out metraonline.com for the parts for installing aftermarket radios

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes it will make a difference as the bose amp needs the turn on signal from the radio so the speakers can get sound

as for the harness its recommended to use the gmrc-01 as the stock radio communicates with the bcm and that enables the rap
check out metraonline.com for the parts for installing aftermarket radios
Nice! I just realized that the harness I plugged in had a unused wore labeled "amp power". I knew it wasn't the remote wire for the sub in the back cuz that one was labeled REM .

So I'm 99% sure I solved the no sound issue. What Could the "stabilitrak" error be ? Could it be the Bose amp not turning on?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice! I just realized that the harness I plugged in had a unused wore labeled "amp power". I knew it wasn't the remote wire for the sub in the back cuz that one was labeled REM .

So I'm 99% sure I solved the no sound issue. What Could the "stabilitrak" error be ? Could it be the Bose amp not turning on?
amp power, rem, and ant wire are all the same thing as they provide a signal to turn on what ever you have connected

i remember my dads old sony headunit has three amp turn on wires and a separate ant turn on wire
all three amp turn on wires had different voltages or amps running through i dont remember as of right now

as for the stabilitrack error it could be that u didnt connect something

i know on my truck i got a service 4x4 when i didnt connect the 2hi A4wd 4hi 4lo switch

you might have forgotten to connect a traction control switch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
amp power, rem, and ant wire are all the same thing as they provide a signal to turn on what ever you have connected

i remember my dads old sony headunit has three amp turn on wires and a separate ant turn on wire
all three amp turn on wires had different voltages or amps running through i dont remember as of right now

as for the stabilitrack error it could be that u didnt connect something

i know on my truck i got a service 4x4 when i didnt connect the 2hi A4wd 4hi 4lo switch

you might have forgotten to connect a traction control switch
Okay starting to work on the car again. The radio says Bose on the screen when it first turns on,but there is no delay when turning up /down the volume. Also, this model rodent have the 2hi low it's just a 2wd.

I'll post my results soon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've narrowed it down some more.. the truck turns on fine and the radio turns on and no check engine lights or service stabilitrak come on. When I select tuner and when the radio sends sound out is when the problem occurs..I'm going to check my harness and make sure each wire and pin align to the correct stock wires via this link: http://www.modifiedlife.com/2007-chevrolet-trailblazer-car-radio-wire-color-codes/

·
Registered
180 Posts
Okay starting to work on the car again. The radio says Bose on the screen when it first turns on,but there is no delay when turning up /down the volume. Also, this model rodent have the 2hi low it's just a 2wd.

if it says bose then u have a bose system
i guess the check either doesnt work or was done wrong
ur def gonna need a harness that allows you to use the bose amp
i dont know which harness is the correct one for you as u have a bose system, try googling it or see what this site comes up with, ill look for it tomorrow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

if it says bose then u have a bose system
i guess the check either doesnt work or was done wrong
ur def gonna need a harness that allows you to use the bose amp
i dont know which harness is the correct one for you as u have a bose system, try googling it or see what this site comes up with, ill look for it tomorrow
Okay update. I had to redo the pin layout of my harness beccause it was incorrect. Now I don't have any errors and the radio turns on fine. Still n o sound to the speakers, because its an Bose system. My sister dosent want to buy any more things for her car (radio,subs,and amp were a lot) . What can I do to get the Bose amp to work without buying another harness? harness

·
Registered
180 Posts
Okay update. I had to redo the pin layout of my harness beccause it was incorrect. Now I don't have any errors and the radio turns on fine. Still n o sound to the speakers, because its an Bose system. My sister dosent want to buy any more things for her car (radio,subs,and amp were a lot) . What can I do to get the Bose amp to work without buying another harness? harness
i still recommend getting the axxess gmos-04 harness
but since you dont want to get the harness then you can try to figure out which wire is the amp turn on wire
on that harness that you bought i think the blue/white is the amp turn so take that wire and figure out which wire on the truck side of the harness is the amp turn on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i still recommend getting the axxess gmos-04 harness
but since you dont want to get the harness then you can try to figure out which wire is the amp turn on wire
on that harness that you bought i think the blue/white is the amp turn so take that wire and figure out which wire on the truck side of the harness is the amp turn on
Yea I recommend the harness also!
So I'm going to try to figure out which wire in the harness is the remote. I have the remote for the sup amp connectred to the radio remote (blue and white is the remote). I've been searching for the Bose wiring layout and have not found anything. Also where is the Bose amp located in this truck?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yea I recommend the harness also!
So I'm going to try to figure out which wire in the harness is the remote. I have the remote for the sup amp connectred to the radio remote (blue and white is the remote). I've been searching for the Bose wiring layout and have not found anything. Also where is the Bose amp located in this truck?
u access it from the trunk
passenger side rear above the passenger side rear tire
pop off that cover and the amp sits inside

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT
3 Posts
Does anyone know what the all wires do in second smaller plug/harness, on the truck side do? I bought a $15.00 Walmart harness, and new head unit. Harness came with the one bigger plug, and a separate, long, red wire.... but no smaller female plug/harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know what the all wires do in second smaller plug/harness, on the truck side do? I bought a $15.00 Walmart harness, and new head unit. Harness came with the one bigger plug, and a separate, long, red wire.... but no smaller female plug/harness.
I just joined this site, and I'm not to computer savoy. FYI

·
Registered
3 Posts
My uncle gave me an older Kenwood amp model KAC-7202 (about 1000w), two 10"JBL subs (275w each)I n a ported box, and one 12"Sony sub (1300w)in a sealed box. I got the two tens hooked up, and they sound great, but no door or dash speakers. I want to wire it and skip the interface kit. But I'm no electrician. Any thoughts on that second smaller plug/harness?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts