Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons girlfriend recently inherited a 2007 trailblazer that had a few issues. I was able to fix all of them, except for one. And it is driving me nuts!

When coming to a stop, when the car reached about 3 to 5 mph, the ABS would kick in. I checked the ABS sensor, and it was corroded at the base. So I took it off, and cleaned everything up real good, and put the sensors back in. I took the car for a test drive, and the problem still persisted.

I went ahead and replaced both of the front ABS sensors. I then took it for a test drive, and now, instead of the ABS kicking in when you break at very low speeds, the ABS seem to kick in as you were accelerating, and I reached about 8 to 10 mph.

I did some additional research, and some of it indicated that it wasn’t the ABS kicking in, but rather the traction control. I also found out that there’s a button on the side of the gearshift lever that will disable the traction control. I hit that button, the traction light came on on the dashboard, but when I drove it everything was fine. But only for about a quarter of a mile. After a quarter of a mile, all of the ABS lights the ABS light, the traction control light, and the repair traction control light all came on.

So currently, the vehicle is operating just fine. But only because ABS and traction control are now disabled.

Any ideas on what I should do at this point? I found a video that shows how to test the ABS sensors with a multimeter. That was going to be my next step. Just to check that the new parts are indeed good. But does anyone have any ideas of other things I should check? This one really has me confused.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
494 Posts
Try replacing both hubs/wheel bearings. Fixed mine.
Get the good quality Timkens, expensive, but well worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts