Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 SS with about 24K miles on it. I was handwashing the other day and I noticed I was getting severe pitting on the lower panels. I took the service bulletin to my dealer and they agreed to do no problems. However in talking with the bodyshop guy he highly recommended running boards vs the film (and went further to suggest 2 moulded mud flaps in the front). He said the look was good.

My questions are two fold. 1) Does anyone have any pictures of the above installation and 2) in talking with the guy who authorized he said I could not substitute running boards for the film. Has anyone been successful in getting this substitution. He did say he could install them for free but I would have to buy.

If I did go that route, what brand would you guys recommend? Any links or OEM. I live in Michigan so road salt is a big issue that is why I am leaning towards the boards.

Steve:confused:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
60 Posts
Ask him to see the TSB, because other than the TBSS, the running boards are ALSO free.... the 3M is only for the TBSS, the regular TB's get the running boards....

There are a few that have gotten their regional reps to substitute the boards for the 3M....

Personally, I would go with the factory boards myself instead of the 3M.... (on my white TBSS)

There have been too many botched 3M jobs from what I've read....

...He did say he could install them for free but I would have to buy.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts