Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am currently looking for ideas on exhausts for my trailblazer. I have been looking at Gibson because the price is good and they have good reviews but a lot of people have complained about in cabin drone. I also have been looking at Corsa, and Magnaflow. If someone could give me a few ideas that would be greatly appreciated, and is it even worth getting an exhaust or is the stock exhaust a good choice to keep?
Thank you

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
I used a Walker Quiet Flow SS on my '02 and deleted the resonator...Pretty happy with how it turned out...

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
11 Posts
I'll tell ya this much… I put Kooks headers on my I6 voy, granted I ran the catless off road Y, but I had absolutely one hell of a time cutting drone after I took off the factory system. I ended up doing an old school "split six" system, (front three cylinders into one and rear three into the other) and kept it true dual all the way, only then did I kill the drone. It seemed like bigger pipes made it worse and quieter mufflers made it worse. At one point in time I had a 30" magnaflow under it and an 18" where the resonator was, it was still bad but better than it was but it sounded like a honda. I feel like the best sounding single pipe system I had was factory with a deleted resonator… Theres a reason the factory muffler is huge and they have a garbage can on the back… I know there are lots of "no drone" mufflers advertised now and maybe they'd be pretty good, and I also know that running catless makes it worse, but that's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
Got any pictures of the split six exhaust system? I had a few of those back in the day of the Blue Flame Chev, from a 235 cu.in up to a GMC 292 cu. in. in a 55 Canadian Pontiac, which was built on a Chev chassis. I have been thinking about doing this on my Saab 9-7x since I got it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts