Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2007 GMC Envoy Denali- Buying advice

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Fixvet 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali 4X4 v8 for $11k. It is in Excellent Mechanical Shape. Interior is Very Good condition( just needs a detail). Body is in Good shape(its 15 years old).
It is Owned by a Master Mechanic. I would be the 4th owner. It has 161,000miles.
No Accidents, Clean CarFax,

Most recent work done by Master Mechanic owner.
changed every fluid in the vehicle, gear oil, transmission, transfer case, front and Rear Differential Fluid, Fresh Brake Fluild, New Anti Freeze, New Spark Plugs, Recent ignition wires, Complete Brake job with new front/rear pads,rotors, brake hoses, new Master Cylinder, Front end completely rebuilt with all new control arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, and 4 way alignment, new front struts, new rear coil springs and shocks.AC checked and adjusted, Undercoated,
New power Steering Position Sensor, New Thermostat and New Front Tires.

Yes I had it looked it over by another party. Everything looks good for its age. Everything works except the rear wiper ( I did find a youtube on that that may fix it.)

Would you buy it for 11k?

See less See more
#2 ·
and New Front Tires.

11K may be a bit high, but used car prices have really gone up recently. I would plan on getting two more tires that are the same as the 'new' ones and put them on the rear. The reason being is that 4x4's are rather finicky when it comes to tire diameters. The diameters of the tires need to be fairly close together, or you could have issues in 4WD.
It sounds like a pretty clean vehicle, though.

#3 ·
I am looking to purchase a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali 4X4 v8 for $11k. It is in Excellent Mechanical Shape. Interior is Very Good condition( just needs a detail). Body is in Good shape(its 15 years old).
It is Owned by a Master Mechanic. I would be the 4th owner. It has 161,000miles.

changed every fluid in the vehicle, gear oil, transmission, transfer case, front and Rear Differential Fluid, Fresh Brake Fluild, New Anti Freeze, New Spark Plugs, Recent ignition wires, Complete Brake job with new front/rear pads,rotors, brake hoses, new Master Cylinder, Front end completely rebuilt with all new control arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, and 4 way alignment, new front struts, new rear coil springs and shocks.AC checked and adjusted, Undercoated,

Yes I had it looked it over by another party. Everything looks good for its age. Everything works except the rear wiper ( I did find a youtube on that that may fix it.)

I know car prices are high right now but I think $11000 is just plain too much. I wouldn't even give that much for a comparable Toyota or Honda in that year range. JMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I agree the $11k is high even with all of the repairs, This year I bought a 2002 trailblazer 4x4 with over $4000 repairs in November of last year for $4200. One owner, original miles under 62000, and has the G80, and the customer convenience features. Great buy and a prefect all original condition truck. Spent most of its life in the garage, as 1st owner had company provided truck for he entire 20 year career.
Great finds are out there suggest you keep looking for a better deal, and good Luck!!

#18 ·
For sure, just very damn lucky. Makes up for the fully loaded 2006 LS TB that was a nightmare from Hell. Lost $2k on that one, with a crank no start, and suddenly just die on you problems.
Do love the TB, feels and smells like driving a new car every day.
Happy Trails

#21 ·

It's been a month now, did you decide to buy the Envoy Denali despite what alot of people think about the $11k asking price. I paid $7.9k for my 2006 Envoy Denali w/163k miles in really good condition. Then I spent $3k replacing all the fluids and both CV shafts on the front diff. I did all this because I intend to keep it a long time and wanted to know that ALL was maintained and refreshed!! I've been on several 1k mile plus road trips with out any issues. I runs and looks like new still, now with 181k miles on the it. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.