Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck was built in October 2006 but sold as a 2007 model. What exhaust manifold do I need? Will the Dorman 674990 fit or do I need something else? Ebay lists manifolds for a whole bunch of years but interchange doesn't list them as a match for my 2007 despite looking the same. Will any years other than 2007 fit? I can get a new manifold for a 2004/05 TB dirt cheap but not sure it will work on my 07...

Any experts?

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side note... meant to ask if a cracked manifold typically causes a check engine light or throws a code etc.?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
depending on the size of the crack, it would throw a code, whats the mileage on your 07? how big is the crack.
whats the symtoms?

according to DoRmAN
Dorman 674-990 Exhaust Manifold Kit

Vehicle model years this part fits:
Buick Rainier:
2006, 2007
Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT: 2006
Chevrolet Trailblazer: 2006, 2007
GMC Envoy: 2006, 2007
Isuzu Ascender: 2006, 2007
Saab 9-7x: 2006, 2007

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Symptoms are that typical blown manifold sound. My mechanic told me about the crack last year but it's gotten worse since so it's getting near time to fix it. 155,000KM...not sure what that is in miles...

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
my 08 has 150k kms about 90k miles. I suspect i have a small crack as well.

let us know how the dorman works out, I have been told that if you use the dorman, get the dorman bolt set, if it does not come with it.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the KM to Miles conversion!

It might be a while before I get this done with being under lock down and all that, but I want to have the parts ready so I can get it done ASAP. Finding the right part is a little troublesome given how much part number mix up there is on eBay. I'm basically broke so I'm looking around for the best accurate deal. Shipping is the worst!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
lock-down is no fun.

the part numbers and the prices are a bit strange, Dorman for my 08 is $210., while it shows your 07 is over $300.

even thought I hate dorman, hate to say it but for this, its likely the best/cheapest option. other than junkyard (cracked) and OEM (AC DELCO) not much out there as possible alternatives.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lock-down is no fun.

the part numbers and the prices are a bit strange, Dorman for my 08 is $210., while it shows your 07 is over $300.

even thought I hate dorman, hate to say it but for this, its likely the best/cheapest option. other than junkyard (cracked) and OEM (AC DELCO) not much out there as possible alternatives.
I had thought about a used part but not sure it would be worth the trouble should it break the next day. A seller on ebay is telling me that as long as the manifold has the o2 sensor, they are all the same...eventhough they have different part numbers on the Dorman site and apply to different years... 674-777 & 674-990 .... Anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I contacted Dorman asking if the 674-777 & 674-990 were in fact the same manifold as the ebay seller said and the Dorman rep. replied without a solid yes or no but did say this...

They are different OE Numbers the manifolds themselves have different internal numbers
What do you all make of that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts