Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum but have used it for many fixes for my TB so maybe you guys can help with this.(sorry if I am doing this wrong)

I have a 2007 Trailblazer LS with 4.2L and 133,500 miles,

When the truck is in 4x4 and driving down the road it will occasionally "bang", you can feel it through the whole vehicle. The best way I can describe it is it's like you hit a speed bump. It doesn't really matter whether your accelerating or slowing down but it usually does it at 45 or better. I had the fluid changed to OEM fluid in the Last 10,000 miles. And I had the Front acuator replaced recently but... the problem really seemed to start after I had the fluid changed. I used the 4x4 off and on all summer and it only did it one time. Otherwise it seems this problem is cold related. My mechanic is scratching his head because he's never seen a problem like this before.

I think its like the 4x4 is not engaging all the way or its binding up? I'm beyond furstrated with this problem.

Please anything you guys can think of would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those who read this, The problem has been fixed, Not sure what was wrong but When I got new tires the problem hasn't been back for 3 mths Just FYI

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. You old tires were probably worn unevenly and causing tension between the front and rear drivetrain.
Just curious, under what conditions were you using 4WD and going 45 MPH or better?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
During a heavy rain, just used it to see if the banging was still there as my mechanic and I were trying to diagnose the problem, it did sound like there was some tension in the 4x4 system. Glad the new tires took care of because I was out of ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts