Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2006 Trailblazer that out of the blue started to idle very rough after it's been warmed up. It drives okay, but at a stop, it increasingly idles very rough and has even stalled. Took it today to get a complete tune up and still didn't fix the problem. The mechanic mentioned the camshaft positioning silinoid (sp?). Does that mean it has to be replaced completely and how much can one expect to pay for that? I am fearful of falling in to the trap of "maybe it's this..." and then paying for a bunch of repairs that aren't necessary. Please help! Thanks! :thx

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
184 Posts
What exactly did he do "in a complete ""tune up""?" Did he change the plugs? clean the TB? fuel filter etc. With out this info we are shooting in the dark.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
We actually can give better advice if we know what engine you have as well.

But my traditional welcome message (for I6 owners especially) is to disconnect the battery, clean the throttle body, reconnect the battery, drive around for an hour, and THEN start giving us the remaining symptoms. Without a clean throttle body, EVERYTHING else can be a red herring.

At least your mechanic didn't lie and say the tune-up included changing the plug wires, I hope. The I6 doesn't even HAVE plug wires. :crackup:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.