Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out the hard way that you should not connect the two orange wires (power & accessory serial bus) together. The vehicle will not start and gives symptoms like the ignition switch or PCM are damaged. Once I separated the wires then it started up perfectly. Folks posting wiring diagrams should really explain what type of orange wire they are talking about at least as relates to the stock, non-bose radio.

:duh:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
691 Posts
Did the instructions actually tell you to connect them together? :eek:

Unfortunately components that are being connected together do not usually have you connecting matching colors. Glad you found your problem and you let us all know to watch out for that situation. :yes:

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Yea, every radio has different connections.. the speaker wire connections always stay the same..gren to green, green w/black to green w/black etc... but as for the specific radio harness they are all different.. like I had a planet audio radio with the brown wire as the ebrake ground, but the jenson I had, had a pink wire for the ebrake hook up.. and my GMOS-01 wire harness has an orange, an orange w/white, etc.. just always gotta read the schematics and instructions that come with your radio and/or harness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts