Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through these forums, and was unable to locate one that addressed this specific issue. I did find a few posts that suggested looking up a post from "the roadie" for a diagram, but the diagram seems to have been replaced with a sponsor link.

Anyhoo...on to my issue...

One morning, power steering was unresponsive. I checked fluid levels, and the reservoir appeared empty. Below the vehicle was the tell-tale puddle.

I poured additional fluid in, and looked for the source of the leak. I traced the leak to under the driver's side. The fluid seems to be coming from where the lines attach to the steering column. There are two lines going into a plate on the steering column, fastened with a single bolt.

Now, I wiped everywhere there was liquid/ moisture. When I started the car and turned the wheel back and forth, the fluid oozed from exactly the point where the hoses connect to the plate, and nowhere else.. This leads me to believe that the O-rings are bad.

Is it possible to replace only the O-rings? Or must I replace the entire line?

I could not find a diagram of the power steering system of a 2006 Trailblazer.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
67 Posts
re

Most folks have problems with the lines rusting out and leaking. I would look closely at it and see if the line is worth replacing the seal, or replacing the entire line. They rust badly behind the front tire where they go above the a-frame arm. There is no O-ring unless the line was previously replaced- then you have the option of an o-ring or cup seal. All the original equip came with cup seals. Here is a line that lots have used.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82386&page=2

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late response.

It was pretty grody (I'm an 80's kid, so sure me), and replaced the whole line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts