Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the oil pressure sending unit on a 2006 trailblazer with the 5.3 engine ? I have heard that you can do it without removing the intake manifold but I was told by the repair shop I had it at for an oil change the intake needs to come off at the bargain price of 488.00 LOL

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
It can be done you just need small hands, took my 05 to a shop tech had small hands and replaced it in 10 mins

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 02 with 05 engine il6. Keep loosing oil pressure now that its getting cold. Think this would fix it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My oil pressure was at Max pressure for a few days but the oil level was perfect.

Today I replaced the oil pressure switch on my ‘04 Envoy. I didn’t remove anything...Oh hell no. From the drivers side I stood on a stool & reached w/ my cellphone to record & review. I saw that the switch was out in the open. Just a few hoses that allow access from the side & rear. Be sure handed (don’t drop a tool) & work slow. Unplug the old connecter.

You will need a 1. oil pressure socket 1-1/16. 2. a socket extension 3. a socket wrench.

I did by mistake try to use a regular 1- 1/16 deep socket however the socket was too thick to fit around the old oil pressure switch & would strip due to the socket being too thick inside.

I went to Autozone and got a true oil pressure switch socket. Aha! By comparison it’s almost as thick as a CD compared to the failed socket that was as thick as 2 CD’s or more. Once I put the thinner 1-1/16 socket it fit like a hand in a glove.

I’m not mechanically inclined. If I had the correct tool it would have taken 15-20 mins.
After you install the pressure switch wipe the connector clean before connecting it. I used a torn napkin to feel all four sides clean. A full size napkin will be hard to work w/ in the small space. Don’t let that scare you, simple job. Just unscrewing the old and putting in the new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts