Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Gang,

My 2006 Trailblazer has been acting up again. It left my wife stranded, and now I am attempting to troubleshoot. Initially, it seemed that the engine would crank only and not start.

After getting it towed home and into the shop, as I was checking fuel pressure at the rail, I discovered that it developed the spec fuel pressure of 57 psi during the prime cycle, and then would crank and briefly run for two or three seconds, and then die.

I also noticed that with the key in the run position, the starter would occasionally engage uncommanded. My hand was on the key, but I did not turn the key to the start position. My assumption is that I was placing a little side load leverage on the key or key cylinder, causing the switch to close.

I have read that the key switch can be the cause of intermittent inability to start:
  • is it possible that my key switch is worn and not functioning correctly?
  • Have others experienced the uncommanded starting?
As the switch behavior seems inappropriate, I think I should go ahead and replace it. But I am uncertain if I have found the smoking gun.

What is your thoughts?

Thanks everyone,

Rick

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,503 Posts
For any unusual electrical issue, it always recommended to change the ignition switch. It is relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts