Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2006 TB Check engine: misfire cyl 1???

12K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  iEstrada 
Yea me-Three!

I just got the same darn thing happen to me this morning. Right at startup. Just the time I need the 4X4 to work. Am in MD with 18" of snow on steep driveway & sloppy chunky roads.
Boy just makes me want to sell the thing. Worked fine 2 days ago when I parked it on a steep incline downward facing (my drive way of course :) waiting for the snow to stop.

Probability it's the coil? 7:10?
Fouled Plug (oil from steep hill?) 1:10? I think less.
How about ice in fuel line. Seems would go away once warm.
Can I eliminate it as an injector issue somehow?

Seems to only have a issue while under load or in gear. Can really hear a growl when underload. Almost like a timing issue on engines that had wrong mechanical advance setting, or a faulty muffler/resonator.
Seems to rev-up OK in Neutral. However do hear stumble out of tailpipe at idle. No dark smoke out TP. Seeing some black carbon on the inner TP wall.

How can you tell which coil? when out of hole (special test)?
Is the engine code specific to bad cylinder position?
So If I'm going to 'fix' it, is the one-coil the issue, or are all the coils going bAD (aging)?

Where to get a coil? OEM Only?

Signed, Stuck in the Snow. :hopeless

Yes me-Three, still

Yes,
Steady, goes to flashing when I'm heavy on pedal underload. Goes back to steady (Check Engine Soon, or something like that).

You need to get the code read.(you are getting a CEL, right?) The code for a miss fire is usually P030x, with the x being, 0-6.

Coils and/or plugs can be found at most auto parts stores.

AC Iridium are most often recommended.:m2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.