Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys I have been working at this for over a week now, planned to do everything within a day or two but that failed...lol

Anyways here is what has been done
DJM uppers
Belltech 2/3 drop
Spohn Panhard
Incubus alloy "Game" 22's
Billet grille/bumper
Running boards removed

Click on the pictures to see larger views

Future plans
Demold,debadge and derack.....and delete that CAN!!!
Also want some dust covers in the same superior blue.

I am just not 100% on the demold or derack yet.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Killer RIMS man :hail:...

just be careful now that your running boards are removed... a big problem with the SS' and TB's in general is the rock chips and "sandpaper" look on the bottom of the doors from the kick up off the tires....look into some 3M clear protectant.. thats what us SS guys get under our warranties...

but the ride looks KILLER :thumbsup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Killer RIMS man :hail:...

just be careful now that your running boards are removed... a big problem with the SS' and TB's in general is the rock chips and "sandpaper" look on the bottom of the doors from the kick up off the tires....look into some 3M clear protectant.. thats what us SS guys get under our warranties...

but the ride looks KILLER :thumbsup:
Knew of this problem, but perhaps with the drop the tires are protected more by the wheel wells? i am going to monitor it closely....maybe some good looking mud flaps in the front?.....

Thanks for the compliments guys.
I have tossed the idea around about selling these 22"s and going to 20's as this is a daily family hauler ( my wifes TB basically)...but time will tell.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
297 Posts
looks nice and clean man, now just gotta tint the front:thumbsup: you took off your running board and i put some on wasnt thinking about the chipping though, just wanted it to look lower.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Knew of this problem, but perhaps with the drop the tires are protected more by the wheel wells? i am going to monitor it closely....maybe some good looking mud flaps in the front?.....
at first that is what the dealership tried telling me... that since they make mud flaps for the TB's and TBSS' that they wll not honor the warranty/TSB report for repainting and fixing the problem.. so i then replied.. would you put mud flaps on your corvette or ferrari?? just because they make something doesnt mean its meant for a vehicle... damn dealershps :weird:...

but yes watch it closely.. you never know and it does creep up on you... signficant difference on my SS compared to when i bought it in Oct...

you took off your running board and i put some on wasnt thinking about the chipping though, just wanted it to look lower.
yea for the TB's that was the dealerships answer.. put some running boards on it.. i was just at a meet in PA back in March and the one guy told me they had a recall on the TB's a while ago to put or replace running boards for that excact issue of the paint chips.. so good call :thumbsup: puttin them on

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
love it, that is exactly what im lookin for in a drop. the stance is perfect. and i think you should def take the rack off, it looks much better.:m2: and also some other things for you to ponder...color match mirror covers, tint front windows and tails. thats what im plannin on with mine.

also noticed the front bowtie in black, that vinyl? looks great either way and also love the color of your TB...but thats enough ranting for now.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
color match mirror covers, tint front windows and tails.

also noticed the front bowtie in black, that vinyl?
The color match mirrors MAY happen, but I havent decided. I refuse to tint the windows, the tint nazi's hate it (ohio cops)

And I have about the same outlook on the tails, oem lighting is fine with me, but I have considered something different with the tails.

The bowtie, is vinyl for now, The front bowtie for my TB is bigger then the normal TB bowtie so I am in a pickle as to what I wanna do with it. i have a brushed aluminum one sitting here, but its about 1/2" smaller then the factory.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
looks awesome...btw great color :thumbsup:

i need a good camera for pics like this :(

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Your thought about swapping out the 22's for 20's is what I thinking about. I was/am torn between 22's and 20's also. I'm doing the DJM 2/4 drop and was just going to run 20's until I started seeing all these pix w/TB's and 22's. Mine is also a daily driver........Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your thought about swapping out the 22's for 20's is what I thinking about. I was/am torn between 22's and 20's also. I'm doing the DJM 2/4 drop and was just going to run 20's until I started seeing all these pix w/TB's and 22's. Mine is also a daily driver........Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Here is my honest opinion. If I was single or didn't have kids in the car I wouldn't hesitate to run the 22's. But the fact is we like to travel to bigger cities and they normally have rougher roads. I am scared to death of bending a wheel or worse yet doing something to our daily driver. Let alone the fact that my wife drives this some of the time to get to work and shuttle around town.

If I do keep the 22's I will change to 265/40 next summer these 35 are just way to tight.

Its really a tough call for me, I think it looks great the way it sits, but I want a better quality ride. Sadly a 20 will only give me about a inch in the sidewall...so its not a huge change but I am sure its a big difference.

On a side note, it handles GREAT compared to stock with this setup.....almost comparable to a car....lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
yea i hear ya on the windows, cops can be rough on it. shouldn't be a problem for me as i work with many cops (in the construction biz) so most wont care. from what i can tell the bowtie looks good and sucks that they are so big as to not be able to swap out like that, but your ride looks sweet i must say.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i hear ya on the windows, cops can be rough on it. shouldn't be a problem for me as i work with many cops (in the construction biz) so most wont care. from what I can tell the bowtie looks good and sucks that they are so big as to not be able to swap out like that, but your ride looks sweet i must say.
I used to play that tint game years ago when we all had "show cars" and I swear they would just pull you over in the middle of no where......I even got popped on a country road before....so never again...this is the same reason I have that retarded plate on the front of the ride. i think it looks tons better without.

Again thanks for the compliments guys. I am open to any ideas, But I think we have dicussed the only normal mods....lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I am not sure how answer your question...Do you mean how high is the frame from the ground?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Loving the color :thumbsup:
If you wanna trade I dont mind...heck I will even throw in something to make the deal go. Got any pics?

I dreamed of finding a SS in Superior blue.....But I am very happy with the new grille style LT in superior blue like I have.. it was a P.i.t.a. to find but I did

·
Registered
714 Posts
yeah that looks really good!! I'm diggin it. Never really thought about removing my side steps.. but now that thought is brewing in my head.. Good call.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts