Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 buick rainier
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 Buick Rainier CXL with the 5.3L V8. Had an intermittent issue with no A/C air coming from the front vents, only side and floor. Used to fix it by turning off the HVAC, waiting a few seconds and turning on AUTO. Now it's failed completely - no air at all. I get cool air from the front side vents and the floor. If I hit the front defrost button i get cold air from the defroster vents. I'm guessing, based on internet research, that there is an issue with the blend controller. I tried the "re-calibrate" process (pull fuses, etc.) but no dice. My problem is, where is/are the blend actuator(s) and how do I access them? How can I test it/them? What P/N(s) do I need to get? Need to get this fixed before the weather heats up! Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 buick rainier
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'm assuming the floor/dash mode actuator is accessible from the driver's side? Can you point me to instructions to access/test/replacement procedures?

·
Registered
2006 buick rainier
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attached is a diagram of all the actuators and their P/Ns. The blend actuator is also knows as floor/dash mode actuator.
After buying a replacement blend actuator (P/N 89018675) and proceeding to replace it, I found that the current actuator P/N was 52402610 which is equivalent to 89018675 which has the white gear attached. After I had removed the actuator indicated by your arrow for the "Floor/Dash Vent Mode Actuator" I discovered that it was actually P/N 52402611 (89018375) as is the one labeled "Defrost Actuator" on your diagram. Turns out that the actuator labeled "Driver's Temp Actuator" is the P/N 52402610 (89018675) which is what I replaced and resolved the airflow through the dash issue. Is the GM diagram wrong or is your diagram wrong? Very confusing... And why would replacing the "Driver's Temp Actuator" resolve the problem???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts