Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to posting on this forum, but I was looking to see if anyone else has ever swapped a 2006 4.2 Trailblazer motor with a 2007 4.2 Trailblazer motor? I have seen throughout the internet, where other people have swapped them without any difficulties. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to change any wiring harnesses or computer modules to do this? I did see on the 2007 engine that there is an hose that is going into the air filter cover, that is NOT on my 2006. I am assuming that the hose is for some kind of air pump or air device under the hood. I don't know. Anyway, if anyone has done this and knows the in's and out's and things I might have to do in order to make this engine work, please let me know. The engine that am looking to buy is out of a burnt out interior Trailblazer. The engine was not damaged, but it is only a two wheel drive Trailblazer. Mine is a four wheel drive. I don't think that mine being 4x4 and the other one being 2x4 would make any difference. I'm just swapping the engine, not the complete drivetrain. :thx

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine Swap

I hate to reply to my own thread, but I was doing some internet searching and ran across some engine swaps from other model years of Trailblazers from the TrailVoy site, and it doesn't really sound like my swap from a 2007 model year to my 2006 is going to work. Maybe someone with some knowledge of this may have a better answer, but I don't want to waste money buying a burnt out Trailblazer that isn't going to do me any good. PLEASE HELP!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts