Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew about the engine cover that goes over the 5.3L Vortec engine on the 2006 Trailblazer. GM says that it never came with one, but I am almost positive it did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Although, I looked up the GMC version of my engine, and it had one on there, and it also has the threads in the top, where you would screw one in, but I might just get the SS one instead and try and figure something cool to do with that. Thanks again!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat Or you could go to a GMC dealer.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mine doesn't have one either, and I had previously heard that the SS cover was the only one available.

Do you have a part number for the GMC cover?

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Mine was brand new off the truck, and it didn't come with one either... Looking at it, I'm not sure it wouldn't rub the insulation under the hood if it had one...

Mike

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
:crazy:
Mine was brand new off the truck, and it didn't come with one either... Looking at it, I'm not sure it wouldn't rub the insulation under the hood if it had one...

Mike
The SS cover will not rub. Fits just fine. The GMCs didn't come with one either (at least the '05 or '06 model years), but the Saab 5.3L did come with one. (Same as the SS cover with a Saab logo instead of the SS logo)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts