Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2005 trailblazer and was informed that the trans was out. Now here is the funny thing Non of the gauges work except the tem and the tac. The speedometer doesn't even work. I did find out from the guy that I bought it from that all of this happened after he boosted someone off in the wall mart parking lot. He said it was about a week later that the reverse went out. The truck will go in the forward gears but you must take it to a hi RPM then let off the gas before it will change. So my question is what are the odd that the trans problem is also electrical. Also I have visually inspected all fuses and have also checked them with a tester. This is a 2005 4x4 trailblazer with the 4.2 I6 (assuming that the I6 stands of inline)

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,234 Posts
Check the mega fuse at the front of the underhood fuse box. If while boosting someone, they connected the jumper cable to one of the studs at the front of the fuse box, they could have taken out the mega fuse (125A).

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but that was one of the fuses that I looked at was unable to test but it looks to be in good shape I will take it apart and double check it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts