Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i have a 2005 tb it has the trailer plug in in the rear the plug is a round 7 i have tried 3 of the 7 to 4 plugs and the best i get is the running lights and turn signals cant get brake lights i have redone the grounds and even ran the 4 wiring to the lites still the same running lights turn signals no brake lights whats up. theres 5 wires goin to taillites can you tell me whay each wire is for,

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
Check to see if one of the 7 pins lights up a test light when someone hits the brakes with the truck running

if not then you probably have a blown fuse check the manual for trailer brake /stop lts Jay

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
For safety and separation, all the trailer lights are separately fused from the vehicle's lights. If you have the turn signals, then the fuses and the connections to the trailer are OK, and the problem is in the flasher/turn signal module under the dash.

In the typical trailer connection, they share a filament with turn and brake signals. Running lights are separate, as are optional backup lights, brakes, and a battery charge connection.

I think your issue is just with the flasher module. ACDelco #15231201 - should be available in aftermarket stores.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts